HELP WITH MY FRIGGIN POS

I have a 1994 Jawa 210 Top Tank sport. For like the 3rd time its blown the CDI unit. And 2 outta the 3 i have gona home, connected it up, gave it a push and it came to life. This time i get home, put it all on, and nothing. Me and my friend tested for a spark, none. Does anybody have a clue why its doing this? It there a way to test all thoes little coild thingies to see if their the problem? Any help at all please fellas. Im about to put it out with the trash on monday.

-JM

P.S.- Anybody in the Carroll County area that want to buy it lemmie know. The pic in the photo section of this page is the EXACT MOPED. Meaning the one in the Pic is my mo-ped sitting in my garage.

Its all complete with a just re-done carb, new piston, rings, and seals.

Lemmie know

Re: HELP WITH MY FRIGGIN POS

Reeperette /

I would swap out the CDI with a points-based ignition, if it became that much of a pain the rear, a lot of older Jawas and some Batavus and Trac mopeds used similar units, both points and CDI....so you could see about finding a different ignition setup.

But first...check the voltage regulator, cause I would say that's where yer problem is.

-Ree

Hi,JAWAMAN ! Are you the guy I told to sell it and cut your losses,or was that ANOTHER Jawa with the blasted CDI problem.When you watch this forum for a while,and you don't read about many people bragging on their Jawas,you may want to take a lesson from that.Just look thru the posts and you'll see a lot of satisfied Puch,Vespa,Sebring,Minarelli engined bikes,etc.owners,but I don't remember much satisfaction with Jawas,especially certain years.Don't take this the wrong way,please! If you have a good runnig Jawa,more power to you.But I've read a lot of posts complaining of problems with Jawa ignition systems.

another reason why people should install fuse boxes on their mopeds ... i have one on my bianchi and it's saved me so many hassles and blown headlights.

try ree's idea on a cdi switch to a points-based ignition.

InfectedBootSector /

I'm in Allegany County.... I would come and get it in a month or two if you still have it... gotta save the $$

How much are you asking?

How `bout those STEELERS,Infected? Starting out on a tear aren't they?Monday night will be tough though,I'd guess.

Sounds like you need to get a good ole Puch. Like Late 70's or so. :)

nope. you need a minarelli. ;-)

i had a jawa prob but i think i figured it out but i have to save up

That part is the electronic ignition module. it sell for $80.00 We are currently out of stock on them but have them on order from overseas. We expect them in about 4 weeks.

Chris

The Moped WareHouse

www.MopedWareHouse.com

LESTER

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account