Re: So lets get this straight

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Rog,this may not go over too well with some people,but I am in favor of your being able to drive to work on a special permit and ride a moped or scoot as long as it's your FIRST OFFENSE.The law considers you innocent until proven guilty and makes allowance for first offenders to provide for their families in that case.I understand how a person can blow over the limit,especially at what,.08 on a `not too trustworthy' breathalizer.I've never been DWI before,and hope to never be,but first offenses are forgivable to an extent if you inadvertently exceed their questionable limits.But if you repeat the problem,I have no sympathy for you.I know from experience if you worked in the Nuclear industry that it didn't go easily on you with D.O.E. or D.O.D.!Really, if the government is going to make millions on alcohol taxation,they could surely help find a way to help some people know their content before they get behind the wheel.My goodness! Think of the ambiguity involved if it's a 100 lb.adult female.Just a martini could put her close and then say the machine is off a little.Or say she orders a normal martini and the bartender wants to be generous toward her and gives her extra alcohol?AND DON'T say that doesn't happen.Would that be her fault if she drank it,left the bar immediately before the effects,and then while driving home a policeman sees a little weaving going on?(I don't think so,unless we are going to say don't drink at all).Just my take on the first offender deal.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  So lets get this straightTopic by: Rog Rog 10/24/01 10:04AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Police Police 10/24/01 10:17AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: george george 10/24/01 01:44PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rog Rog 10/24/01 02:29PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 02:33PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Doug D Doug D 10/24/01 03:00PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 03:04PM
  Logic and ReasonRe: Reeperette Reeperette 10/24/01 03:43PM
  You could have killed my familyRe: B Perkins B Perkins 10/24/01 02:30PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: SteelToad SteelToad 10/24/01 02:54PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Wayne Wayne 10/24/01 06:04PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rich King Rich King 10/24/01 07:11PM
  Hey jerk!Re: Andrew Spoering Andrew Spoering 10/24/01 07:31PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Chris Chris 10/24/01 07:32PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/24/01 10:21PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Dave Dave 10/27/01 05:50PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account