Logic and Reason

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Mig sayeth >>(when almost any bar will get you a cab for free)<<

And this is true....I should know.

I am the driver who collects you, makes sure you get home, if necessary helping you to the very door and making sure someone else is home to take care of you and make sure you don't hurt yourself or do something stupid.

And if no one's home, hey, I'll take ya somewhere else if you know a friend who might be home.

And unlike any other cabbie in this city, my meter is OFF when imma doin that.

I don't bitch about doin it, and if you happen to puke on my backseat I don't much care, cause the company pays half every time I have the cab cleaned anyway.

I won't lecture ya neither....I figure yer hangover is gonna be far more of a lesson than any dumbass lecture from me.

For me it ain't just a PR stunt on holidays, like it is with the company - it's a matter of giving folks a way out of doing something insanely stupid and dangerous (although my roomie puts riding a moped in the same category, go figure).

You did do it, and the price has come down, sure....but have you learned the lesson, is the question....that's what the penalties are for, to ensure beyond doubt that such a lesson gets through to you, and to make it so painful, so expensive....that it will not have to be repeated.

I understand your position Rog, especially since you paid the price medically and physically as well as financially....but if we were to loophole the laws in place for such things, it would just open them to exploitation by those who continually abuse them, and you have to see where that would be detrimental.

And so you pay...not just for your own doings, but the doings of every drunken driver who's caused a disaster in their time, something one should take a lesson from before they consider drinking anyhow.

Sure it sucks, but it's the way things have to be, tis a matter of social survival, and preventing wholly-avoidable tragedy.

And if ya think some of the folks here came down a bit hard...go ask an EMT what they think.....

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  So lets get this straightTopic by: Rog Rog 10/24/01 10:04AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Police Police 10/24/01 10:17AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: george george 10/24/01 01:44PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rog Rog 10/24/01 02:29PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 02:33PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Doug D Doug D 10/24/01 03:00PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 03:04PM
  Logic and ReasonRe: Reeperette Reeperette 10/24/01 03:43PM
  You could have killed my familyRe: B Perkins B Perkins 10/24/01 02:30PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: SteelToad SteelToad 10/24/01 02:54PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Wayne Wayne 10/24/01 06:04PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rich King Rich King 10/24/01 07:11PM
  Hey jerk!Re: Andrew Spoering Andrew Spoering 10/24/01 07:31PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Chris Chris 10/24/01 07:32PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/24/01 10:21PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Dave Dave 10/27/01 05:50PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account