Re: So lets get this straight

miguel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

dwi= driving while intoxicated, right? that means drunk driving, right? isn't that the largest cause for traffic fatalities in the us? i've known people who died ... and some who were stupid enough to do the killing in those situations. so don't come to me (or most people i know) for sympathy.

if you want to bitch and complain about your dwi (or dui in some states), then it proves you have not learned the lesson. your leg injury is minor compared to what you could've done. you could've killed someone.

i don't care who thinks dwi/dui tickets are racket. people should not drive after drinking. the fact that you were in rather serious accident only highlights the point.

driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right. it's a priviledge. you are operating a vehicle that weighs several tons, uses combustable materials, and travels at a high velocity. just because you are 16+ does not give you the right to drive anywhere you want. you lost that priviledge for a while. deal w/ it.

people who think they should be allowed to ride mopeds because of dui/dwi situations are ridiculous. ask anyone who rides a two-wheeler. they are more dangerous in traffic than cars. if you are hit, you will be seriously wrecked (if not killed). they require balance and full awareness of your environment (which is lackign if you are intoxicated).

sorry to rank ... actually, no i'm not sorry ... if you want to drink, that's fine. you're an adult and can make choices. one of those, is to NOT DRIVE DRUNK. you do it, and i have no sympathy for you. as i've stated before in similar situations, i will do ANYTHING to prevent someone from driving drunk. i'll slash your tires if you won't give me your keys.

so don't come cying to me.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  So lets get this straightTopic by: Rog Rog 10/24/01 10:04AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Police Police 10/24/01 10:17AM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: george george 10/24/01 01:44PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rog Rog 10/24/01 02:29PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 02:33PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Doug D Doug D 10/24/01 03:00PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: miguel miguel 10/24/01 03:04PM
  Logic and ReasonRe: Reeperette Reeperette 10/24/01 03:43PM
  You could have killed my familyRe: B Perkins B Perkins 10/24/01 02:30PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: SteelToad SteelToad 10/24/01 02:54PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Wayne Wayne 10/24/01 06:04PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Rich King Rich King 10/24/01 07:11PM
  Hey jerk!Re: Andrew Spoering Andrew Spoering 10/24/01 07:31PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Chris Chris 10/24/01 07:32PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/24/01 10:21PM
  Re: So lets get this straightRe: Dave Dave 10/27/01 05:50PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account