Vespa SI Coil

I'm in the process of rescuing my first moped. The wiring looks as if it has been messed with so I wanted to make sure everything was patched correctly. I have used Jim C.'s Vespa Grande wiring diagram from a few posts down and followed most of the wires to their proper positions but I am having TROUBLE LOCATING THE H.T. COIL. Can someone tell me where it would be? I figured it was down between the pedal area but I followed the violet wire from the engine stop on the handlebars to the headlight enclosure. Could it be up there beneath the plastic enclosure? I also know it would be easy to follow the wire off of the sparkplug to find it-- but the ped came without a sparkplug or a sparkplug cap and wire. Ugh I know, I'm green at this. But hey my moped is green too. Sorry that was bad.

Rob

Re: Vespa SI Coil

High tension coil is usually above the Magneto/flywheel on the same side,about or near the heavy frame pipe and is sometimes bolted to a bracket.You really should get a `shop manual' for this bike.It's usually not far from the Magneto.Miguel or Jim can tell you EXACTLY where it is.

Re: Vespa Grande Coil

Rob:

Here is a parts diagram for the Grande. The coil is part #23 and the bracke is #32. they are attached together on the right side of the engine carrier towards the front of the engine. It's a very visible item with one wire coming to it and the sparkplug lead coing out of it.

Hope it helps

Jim

piag-moped-elecequip.gif

Re: Vespa Si Wiring Diagram

Chris S (vespista) /

Here's the wiring diagram for the Si. I've got the wiring diagrams for many of the other Vespas if anyone needs them.

Chris

Wow. Thanks a million guys. Jim, I know beggers can't be choosers but if you could post the key so I can go through and check the parts by the numbers that would be wicked awesome. Thanks again guys, you rock!

Sorry Rob. that's the way it came. It was posted on a moped site somewhere.

Jim

thanks for posting those things, guys! rock on. i'm sure lots of people will be helped by them (including me).

<thanks for posting those things, guys! rock on. i'm sure lots of people will be helped by them (including me).>

You're welcome, miguel.

They'll help more than any more posts about "How do I make my moped go faster?"

Jim

Re: Vespa Si Wiring Diagram

Hi!

Do you have a diagram for my Vespa Bravo 50ccm (European type) to ?

I will be very happy if you mail it to karstenaa@hotmail.com!!!

BW Karsten

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account