Re: starter clutch for 1976 Garelli

Jon Dalton /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The moped doesn't have any model name anywhere I can see. If your moped has a delorto carb like mine does, it has a big round thing that the air filter is hose clamped onto, and says 'delorto' on it somewhere. This is very simple, there is only one screw and it adjusts the idle speed.

the 'starter clutch' i'm talking about is the clutch that engages by a lever in order to pedal start the moped. It would either be part of the centrifugal clutch or a different part and it looks like it would be covered with oil like the rest of the stuff in the transmission case, so it makes sense that thicker oil would help. I haven't taken it apart yet and when i do i'll have a much better idea exactly what part is worn down, what it looks like and what it might be called.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  starter clutch for 1976 GarelliTopic by: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 10/23/01 01:52AM
  Re: starter clutch for 1976 GarelliRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/23/01 02:07AM
  Re: starter clutch for 1976 GarelliRe: Thomas Evans Thomas Evans 10/23/01 08:00PM
  Re: starter clutch for 1976 GarelliRe: miguel miguel 10/23/01 09:46PM
  Re: starter clutch for 1976 GarelliRe: Jon Dalton Jon Dalton 10/23/01 09:59PM
  Re: starter clutch for 1976 GarelliRe: KEVIN KEVIN 08/07/02 09:48AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account