starter clutch for 1976 Garelli

Jon Dalton /

Does anybody know where I can get one of these, or fix one that's gone bad? I know thicker oil in the transmission will help, but the owner of this moped already tried that, and it worked for some time and stopped working. I expect a new clutch disc is needed.

Re: starter clutch for 1976 Garelli

Sounds more like you mean the centrifugal clutch instead of the starter clutch.Thicker oil won't help the starter clutch.It's usually just a thin disc with thin pads on it's face to get the engine turning. Handy Bikes( 614-299-0550) or www.mopedwarehouse.com will have your parts.

Thomas Evans /

Is it a Garelli katia?? If so i need desperate info on how the carburettor is set up??

does your garrelli katia carb say "dellorto" on it? if so, you have a standard italian carb. you can get specs on it most any place.

Jon Dalton /

The moped doesn't have any model name anywhere I can see. If your moped has a delorto carb like mine does, it has a big round thing that the air filter is hose clamped onto, and says 'delorto' on it somewhere. This is very simple, there is only one screw and it adjusts the idle speed.

the 'starter clutch' i'm talking about is the clutch that engages by a lever in order to pedal start the moped. It would either be part of the centrifugal clutch or a different part and it looks like it would be covered with oil like the rest of the stuff in the transmission case, so it makes sense that thicker oil would help. I haven't taken it apart yet and when i do i'll have a much better idea exactly what part is worn down, what it looks like and what it might be called.

I used to own a '76 garelli moped with the same setup you have described here...it was called a "Eureka Flex" believe it or not...it was a reddish-orange color...good bike but a bitch to find parts for...so I gave it to a local scrap hauler...bought a YAMAHA VINO recently...it's awesome...no problems at all in 2,000 miles of hard riding (and fast)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account