low end torque.

<HTML>hello fellow mopeders, i got a kinetic moped now ,only one week of use.dose any body have any info how to get better torque at low end?my ped seems like it wants to die when i take off.is there any cheap ways to make it run better. dose any body even have a kinetic and if so what have you done to improve perfromance? someone told me abot putting a spacer in the carb.i did not undrerstand what he was talking about. another question is cosmo the only dealer w parts for a kinetic? thank you all and any info is good. happy ridding</HTML>

RE: low end torque.

<HTML>As far as I know Cosmopolitan is the U.S. importer. Search thru moped.org in the "Moped Classifieds". This is one listed there. They may know more.

WE CAN OFFER ANY TYPES OF SPARE PARTS FOR MOPEDS,SCOOTER AND MOTORCYCLES FOR HERO MAJESTIC,PANTHER,PACER,HERO PUCH,GARAELLI OR ANY VECHICLES OF INDIAN ORIGIN.ALSO PARTS CAN SUPPLY AS PER SAMPLES AND DRAWING. partap@nde.vsnl.net.in

SURJIT </HTML>

Shaun Strahm /

<HTML>Cosmo is the only souce for Kinetic parts and I honestly dont know how to get more torque.</HTML>

<HTML>I've got a kinetic and did some things to improve the performance. Get the chamber from cosmo, its a tuned expansion chamber made by polini and comes with a bigger jet for the carb.Take off the airbox and drill a couple of holes right in front of the inlet port, this will give you more air so the mixure isn't too rich from the larger jet.for 100 bucks you'll get the same off the line but at about 10 m.p.h. it'll powerband to 20-25

and top out at 40-43 m.p.h.alot better than stock set-up.

I ordered the 70cc kit, I'll let you know how it worked out,

Good luck,

Sean </HTML>

todd petrignani /

<HTML>I have amoped and what I have done to it is put a smaller rear tire, smaller front sprocket, bigger back sprocket, and have gutted out the exhaust. All of these things will slow down the moped at top speed.

Gutting the exhaust will add performance all around but sometimes you ay have to change the jetting in your carb. this will be the cheapest thing you can do to your moped for better performance.

I would go with a smaller front sprocket. they are MUCH cheaper and easier to install.

I know what I am doing, Mine can pull wheelies for over a 1/4 mile by doing the things I have told you to do. I also added those foldable pedals you see on huge street bikes near the rear wheel on the frame. this make it easier to wheelies.

Good Luck</HTML>

<HTML>my friend has a TFR also and his pick up is awefull too but other wise it is a good moped, try moving the engine forward to tightin the belt so it doesnt slip as much while excellerating this can be done by loosining the three bolts/nuts that the engine rests on then have somone pull on the engine forward while you tighten the bolts,, a smaller front pulley wouldnt be a bad idea either..e-mail me if u have ne othe questions.</HTML>

<HTML>My tfr has slow pick up but i can get her goin about 35. I need more speed. Will the biturbo muffler get me 2 around 42??? how much slower will my pick up be with it??</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account