Idling fouls plug...UPDATE

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well,I checked out my Motomarina last night `til about 11 P.M..I thought about everything you guys said and did this:(1) Ron said drain the gas and I did.Replaced with a whole tank of fresh(almost 3 gallons).No change in the problem.So to the carb.I go.(2)Completely cleaned carb and air filter(there was a little oil in airbox)and reset float `cause it seemed a little high.It's non-adjustable so I shimmed under the needle valve by cutting the proper thickness from an old feeler gauge and tightly wedging it into the plastic float.I've done this before and it really works great.STILL SAME PROBLEM.(3)Also verified that the float and needle valve are not leaking thru.(4)Checked choke and idle setting per Rick and Miguel but no problem there.(5) So now I'm down to Doug and Ron's advice on stuck rings or cracked or not having enough spark.I lost my compression tester so I'll check the spark tonight............There's only one outside shot that I hadn't mentioned because the bike ran for days with no problem after I did it,but I did port the intake pipe a while back because of a restriction in the 90 degree turn.The only way that could be the problem is if(which I doubt) I didn't idle the bike for an extended time during all those days and long trips.Any more advice is appreciated.THANKS!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Idling fouls plug...UPDATETopic by: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 11:50AM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/21/01 12:14PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 01:08PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: Doug D Doug D 10/21/01 01:39PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 01:54PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/21/01 02:12PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 02:19PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 02:23PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/21/01 02:44PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 02:59PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/21/01 03:54PM
  Re: Idling fouls plug...UPDATERe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/21/01 04:02PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account