Vespa moped info/comparisons

Hey Vespa owners...I bought a really cherry Bravo yesterday. Now I have a Ciao, a Bravo and two Grandes (one w/turn signals, one w/o). Now all I need to get are the Boxer and the Si and my collection will be complete. If anyone needs info. regarding comparisons between the three, or other Vespa info., I've collected quite a bit. Feel free to ask.

Chris S (vespista)

Re: Vespa moped info/comparisons

Hey, I've a Boxer, and I thought no one else in the world had ever heard of them! It had had a carb fire at some point, and I'd love to get it running again. Generally (since I don't have the numbers with me), are engine parts interchangeable?

I am in the process of rebuilding a SI with little or no experience or refrence. I could probably use any information you had. If you could email me a list of the resources maybe I could email you back about what I need.

Thank,

Rob

Charles,

The engines on the Boxer, Ciao, Si and Bravo are essentially identical. The only differences are minor changes in the carb jets, carb choke lever, cylinder head (purely cosmetic), and coil.

Linklog,

What info do you need? I've got owners' manuals, and a whole bunch of personal experience which may help. Email when you need some info.

Chris

At vespasupershop.com, go to the moped section and look over the section on the different models.

Jim.

At vespasupershop.com, they don't list anything on the Boxer. Am I to understand that it was not imported and sold in the US?

How much would a running engine cost me?

can you post a pic of the boxer? it might help people help you. and i just want to see what one looks like.

also, was the boxer only made for the us market? maybe some italians can help us out w/ info ...

As far as I know, the only U.S. imports were the Ciao, Bravo, Grande and S

Vespa Boxer Picture

Chris S (vespista) /

Here's a picture of the Boxer.

Chris

boxer.jpg

Re: Vespa Boxer Picture

sharp!

Looks like a cross between a Ciao and a Bravo to me.

Either way it's a cool looking ride!

Jim

I don't have a pic of mine yet, but it differs from the pictured version. Mine has a long seat extending over the rear wheel, built for two people. It flips up for the gas tank access. I gotta find a picture somewhere.... Otherwise, it looks similar. Rectangular headlight....

Okay, no pic yet, but here's some info on my Boxer

PIAGGIO & CO GENUA

220 KG

BOXER MOPED B 1972

# B2V2T 60680

This may be the dealer who sold it(?)

FAHRRADER MOPEDS

RICKARD HENEL

BERLIN 37 ZEHENDORF WEST

LINASTER 2

TEL 842991

German sold?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account