a teenagers first moped ride

Larry Picarello /

someone pointed me in the direction of this forum- now I'm the owner of a new Kinetic and a vintage Puch. I was involved with mopeds in the beginning-see the threads "the golden age of mopeds" and "when mopeds ruled the earth" Now I have introduced mopeds to my 13 year old son. After showing him the controls and a brief talk about riding as if you are invisible, he went around the block by himself. When he returned with a huge smile, he said-"how could you live without one of these things?!!"

Re: a teenagers first moped ride

Congrats on bringing another into the world of mopeds. Hopefully he will grow to love mopeds as much as the rest of us!

And how could you ever live without a moped???? lol i know i couldnt

I couldn't live without a ped either lol! there one of the best joys to come home to and just ride and never worry about a thing. ahhhh.......where is spring?? LOL!

i couldnt live eather......i can only ride 2 time out of the week because i cant ride in pa and i go to the shore everyweekend so thats where i ride and no matter how cold it is i get up around 6 am and ride untill about 9:30- 10:00...............5 days without my peds kill me let alone the rest of my life.........i would never be able to live

Larry Picarello /

yeah- the look on his face was priceless

Smart kid!

Rob

Larry Picarello /

lucky kid- father is into mopeds, working to convince the cautious mom that it's OK to ride one

lol it took me about 9 months to convince my mom its safe to have a moped lol

Xyplestop Florbledo /

Hope they have 15 permits there or he is going to be so bummed.....

I remember my first at 15. My first taste of freedom!!!!! I was on one ped or another for years after.

here, we can have our ped licences at 13 or 14, i dont remember

Larry Picarello /

we are in N.Y., so he will have to wait until age 16

if he's like me he will find a way to get around on back roads, thru developments, etc...

What a great story LP. I remember my 1st ride,a trail bike.I was 11. Suzuki TC-120. I rode that thing all over the streets in my neighborhood, always worried the cops would come and pull me over. CA did a great job of making people forget about peds. by the time I was 15 I never saw one till the time I was 30

Larry Picarello /

I also used the same low profile tactics to ride my go kart all over suburbia, keeping within developments, walking it across the main roads

Larry Picarello /

real bad attitude lately- he's been grounded

Ricardo Bowring /

it must of been the ride around the block!!!!!, it kind of gives you that cocky feeling ...????

Larry Picarello /

today we rode side by side- teenager on a new Kinetic, father (me)on a vintage Puch, cutting thru the developments, walking on the main roads, just like I did as teenager

both returning w/ giant grins

i remember my first ride ever which was last summer,since then i am a moped fanatic,now i cant live without them lol,it really is something like nothing else.

Larry Picarello /

the bad thing is the moped has a plate on it - so if he does get snagged, it's probably a big deal with the cops.

mine has no plate but when it comes to that its all or nothing,you can either:get a plate,insure it,have him where a full face tinted helmet and a heavy leather jacket or you can just ride with a regular helmet with no plates and if you get cought,plead that you didnt know there was a law against it.

PUCHMAN, here in quebec, there is sentence that says:

(home traduction, from french)

everyone should know the laws...

so when you plead something like you didnt know a law...

it's not a valuable reason...

g.b.

yes i know,i have also heard the saying"ignorance is not a excuse" I doubt the local police would do anything the first time they saw me besides tell me to stop,i was riding round my block one day and stopped and talked to a guy who worked for a branch of law inforcment(i forget which one,except i know nothing to do with fire dep.)he was a branch of the police dep. anyway alll he said was that it was cool and he usta have one lol

Edward Richardson /

Interesting how long concepts can survive, Code of Hammurabi 1780 BC. "Ignorance of the law excuses no man." applied to opperating a Moped in 2005.

lol yeah

Larry Picarello /

sounds like I better not be next to the young lad when we get snagged or I'll have some fast talking to do..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account