got my ped back from the shop today for the second

chuck russo (va) /

i got my ped back from the shop. 2 times in 1 week, damn.

well i have been driving it and it runs like a champ and my new bi turbo is kickin some ass as well

im still breaking in the piston and rings but i just had to see how fast it was and i peged the speedo at 36 it should go a lil faster once the piston and rings break in

i almost got hit by 2 cars in my neighborhood because they didnt stop at stop signs

Re: got my ped back from the shop today for the se

Take it easy,Chuck! Ease into that throttle ,man.I know it's tempting,but remember it'll last a lot longer with an easy break-in period.If you can't resist openin' her up just do it for a short stretch and then let her cool back down.Go re-read those posts about break-in and plan ahead.

chuck russo (va) /

i know i only opened it up for that short period to see how fast it went

That's the smart,safe way.It'll probably break in real quick(say 100 miles or less)but you don't want to take the chance.

Ron Brown /

Chuck,

What was wrong with it?

Ron

chuck russo (va) /

the person i got it from jerry rigged the points and condensor. right after i got the new piston installed i was breaking it in and the jerry rigged wire from points to the condensore caught the flywheel because the person befor me didnt tuck the wire up in there and just left it hanging

the mechanic showed me how it was rigged up it was messed up looking

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account