Re: First Motobecane Sebring cruise

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

That bike is junk,Scott! Sell it to me! Just kidding! Remove the petcock valve and plug the outlet hole of the tank.Remove the tank and pour in a quart of solvent or kerosene.Pour in about a half carton(comes in like a milk carton) of BBs.Put a piece of plastic over the fill hole and replace the filler cap.Shake the devil out of it.Drain kerosene and repeat as necessary.If it's REALLY rusty,which I've never seen a Sebring with a rusty tank before,pre-soak it with a Muriatic acid diluted to 3 parts water,one part acid or use phosphoric acid.Then rinse and do the above with the BBs.Watch out for your eyes when dealing with acid! Wear goggles and gloves and keep a water hose next to you.Don't put the gas tank cap on while you're doing the acid soak.........ON the gas supply problem;you have or are supposed to have ,a filter on the gas petcock and a filter under the banjo at the carb..Putting a good in-line filter between these 2 is really a good thing to do also.I use a paper see-thru from Auto-Zone.NOTHING gets thru that paper,like it will the mesh type.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  First Motobecane Sebring cruiseTopic by: Scott Scott 10/19/01 11:52AM
  Re: First Motobecane Sebring cruiseRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/19/01 12:40PM
  Want to see it in new condition?Re: don-ohio don-ohio 10/19/01 02:05PM
  Pic in ColorRe: Zippy Zippy 10/20/01 03:03AM
  Re: Pic in ColorRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/20/01 08:53AM
  Re: First Motobecane Sebring cruiseRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/19/01 03:58PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account