I don't know if any of you remember me talking about an electrical problem on my 79 Grande, but I fixed it. I just thought I'd share the info. The problem was that the taillight would sometimes use both fillaments in the bulb correctly and sometimes it would only use one filament for both brakes and taillight and would kill the engine at idle. The problem was the black wire going to the taillight assembly was unplugged at one of the many plug connections (okay, 2 or 3) going back to the taillight assy.
I originally thought it was the blue wire going into the engine case. I was getting ready to pull the whole engine apart to reconnect what I thought was a loose wire behind the ignition module, but then I noticed that when I put weight on the bike and compressed the rear compression, it would cause the taillight malfunction, so I pulled the rubber caps off of all the wire connections and found that the black wire was disconnected.
I hope this helps someone someday.