Could just sand it a hair.

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I used to just sand em a bit when I ran into that, but also that problem can be caused by the wrong amount of trans fluid...I dunno.

I have noticed that using ATF seems to make the problem worse, perhaps due to it's different consistency.

I use 220cc's of straight motor oil, and really, have never have shift problems with any tomos other than the Silver Bullet, and that was cause one of the clutches was a bit worn.

One trick to master with Tomos is a quick wrist-flick on the throttle.

As yer Tomos approaches the shiftpoint...when you've ridden it long enough to know the exact timing of it, one ultra-quick snap to half-throttle and back will cause it to shift nearly instantly...you time it right and you'll slide from first to second smooth as glass.

The key is knowing yer 'ped really well, and knowing exactly where that "breakpoint" is by sound alone.

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Tomos Shifting TroubleTopic by: Tom C Tom C 10/18/01 03:41AM
  Re: Tomos Shifting TroubleRe: chuck russo (va) chuck russo (va) 10/18/01 10:11AM
  Re: Tomos Shifting TroubleRe: Ben Ben 10/18/01 10:57AM
  Re: Tomos Shifting TroubleRe: Doug D Doug D 10/18/01 12:50PM
  Could just sand it a hair.Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/19/01 06:42AM
  Thanks!Re: Tom Cavnar Tom Cavnar 10/23/01 12:45AM
  Re: Tomos Shifting TroubleRe: Doug D Doug D 10/18/01 07:46PM
  Tomos Shifting Trouble (& No Anthrax)Re: Tom C Tom C 10/18/01 09:20PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account