got my ped back from the shop

chuck russo (va) /

got my ped back from the shop and i bought a bi turbo when i was there , i was breaking in the new piston and rings. i had driven it 12 or 13 miles and i could feel it getting faster as the rings set. and the bi turbo pipe added alot of power. well i was heading back to my house to grab some cash so i could ride my ped to kfc and go to the bike shop to buy a cable lock and i was going about 30 mph and there were some caRS behind me and so u pulled over and when i was coming to a stop the ped died and would not start

so i pushed it like 2 miles home a and started messing with the new coil that was installed when it was in the shop and on the first kick i got a really weak spark , and after that i couldent get any spark and i grouned it out to bare metal . i checked all the connections to the coil and tried a different plug and still no spark

any ideas on what can be causeing it? the moped shop told me to bring it back, i can bring it back tomarrow morning but i would rather not load it in my jeep and go all the way back there

Re: got my ped back from the shop

motormike /

sounds like they sold you a shitty coil

Ron Brown /

...or the coil was not the problem....

chuck russo (va) /

i took it to the shop to get a new coil installed and he said it had really low compression and he took the to end off and said that the top ring was stuck in the ring slot and the piston was scored pretty bad. when i picked it up today he gave me the piston and it was hella scored

Hey Chuck, think he cleaned and adjusted the points? That is the normal problem for no spark condition that I find. But it may be a faulty coil, hope he installed the Oregenal type instead of one of the cheap made "Fit ALL" coils. Wish you were closer. How much do they get for a piston w/rings, no labor. Doug D (VA) PS> I`am going to try that Amel carb out, make sure its good, see the change in performance, then probaly sell it, let you know how it does.

chuck russo (va) /

the new coil is alot better quality than the stock one

42 dollars for the piston and rings , 110 installed

Hi Chuck, Thanks for reply, $42 is not bad, some shops want $60 for piston+rinds (to go) I pay $35, so they treated you Ok! Doug D

chuck russo (va) /

yeah the prices at the shop are pretty resonable

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account