fixing an broken ped

chuck russo (va) /

i might be buying another moped this one is a tomos , the guy forgot the year and he thinks its a top tank model, its in his shed so he is gonna look at it and take pics for me he is gonna sell it for 50-100 bucks and he said its siezed i am thinking about buying it for a parts bike or if its nice try to fix it . how hard is it to install a new top end? i can do it on a goped in under 30 min but i have never worked on a moped . i took mine to the shop because i dont want to mess it up

Re: fixing an broken ped

XBrandon EdgeX /

Putting a top end on a moped is pretty much the same, except the cylinder and head are seperate, so when you remove the nuts from the head bolts, you get two pieces that slide off instead of one. If you know how to work on a go ped motor, a moped motor shouldn't be too hard, except for the gearbox.

chuck russo (va) /

well this is going to be my project because im a bum and i get bored during the day so hopefully i can fugure out how to fix this thing if i decide to buy it

hey, i got a semi new top end i can sell you it works great and has low miles on it. if you want it contact me i sell lots of other parts too so just ask

-mike

Got any parts for a 78 Vespa Ciao? I'm looking for a carburettor and a spedometer.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account