telepizza delivery peds

i used to live in portugal, (over by spain for everybody that just thought of south america), and a pizza place there called telepizza would deliver the pizzas on mopeds. they were the fastest and craziest drivers/riders in the country. no matter the weather conditions or traffic, they would be going like 50 through the cobblestone streets.

has anybody heard of that, and if so, what kind of scooter or ped are they riding?

Re: telepizza delivery peds

Yeah, I know telepizza, used to order from there all the time. I have family in Galicia by the way, in "Santiago" if you know where that is. Oh yea, about the mopeds, The local one used Peugeot, pretty new ones. They were identical to this one but in black, and of course with a telepizza box on the back.

I was able to find this on google, even though i doubt these are peugeots

And yeah all these guys drive like nuts, not any crazier then me though. All this thinking about telepizza now has me thinking about spain. Damnit, cant wait to go back this summer. Get drunk n get laid, all I do there.

thanks. do you know if those peugots can be acquired here in the usofa? they were super fast. and better yet, we could get two larges for only 2000 escudos, or about ten bucks. that was living. they had a bbq chicken pizza that beat any other i've had. i wish i could drive wild and crazy like they (and you) do, but the ol' fa-50 is pretty much the slow lane type.

Here is what they do in Greece.

Not really mopeds though

1108574208_pdr_0310.jpg

Back in 1989 we were contacted by Dominoes pizza to fabricate 2 moped pizza delivery vehicles. With a promise of an exclusive contract should they work out. We built 2 custom domino theme Style insulated pizza oven mopeds out of new Tomos step throughs. They looked great. Unfortunately they chose Newark New Jersey as the location to test them out. If you have ever been to Newark you can imagine what happened. The delivery guys were beaten to within an inch of death and Moped-Jacked. One guy was riding down the street (with pizzas) and was knocked off the bike with a baseball bat from some guys in a car coming down the other side of the street. Then they pulled over went to town on him and stole the ped. I heard he was in the hospital for weeks. The other delivery person was jumped by a gang of like 50 kids but not hurt nearly as bad. Long story short, they decided it was not going to work out.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

Larry Picarello /

yeah, but did they make the delivery within 30 minutes?

I am not sure but I would bet money that those last two did not make it on time.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

They not only deliver pizza.Jim.

That peugueot fox it nice!! Where can I buy one? lol im serious are they around in the us?

I was just in barcelona....and yes, I did see many fleets of mopeds in front of telepizzas there. It warmed my heart.

Newark's pizza delivery peds

I can smell that from here Jim.

Didac Sergi Mart /

Telepizza used Motovespa's Vespino's, but production stoped two years ago. Now, some of the shops have bought Peugeots like the one showed before, but most of them are buying Derbi Variant Courier like the one shown in this post. They're quite faster than the Vespinos, and probably than the Peugeot. I drove one of those Variants two years ago while working for a spare parts dealer, and it could reach more than 40MPH

Greetings from Barcelona:

Didac

I love thos derbis. if anyone wants to check it out: "www.derbi.com":url . My cousin both have variants and they are awesome.

here are some pics of those variants:

we are so unlucky in the u.s.

:>(

Here are some pics of the 1984 derbi tt conversion I raced last year. I got this bike in fore than a little rough shape from Mopedlar.

Chris MWH

www.mopedwarehouse.com

www.mopedguru.com

oh yeah, chris arent you a big derbi fan?

for some reason, i cant see the pics u posted chris, so ill repost them for the people who are expiriencing the same problem as me (i right clicked on the picture and copyed the link and put it in my browsder)

and yeah that looks awesome, whats that top speed on it and how well does it handle?

This is classic, or best of, MOPED ARMY, right here.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account