Question about Shocks

<HTML>I have a

RE: Question about Shocks

<HTML>

There should be two cap nuts at the top of the fork tubes that the lower forks (part that moves up and down under the spring) bolt onto. I'm not sure why there wouldn't be they maybe be gone. If not there shouldn't be anything to worry about, the shocks are supposed to move easily.

Good luck,

john</HTML>

<HTML>The two bolts are there. I cranked them down. The shocks still seem loose though. Are they supposed to com out all the way without unbolting those two bolts on top. By the way, the Newport is in "mint" condition and not missing any pieces, decals, etc. God I have to get a manual. Any one want to publish some .pdf versions so I don't have to spend $25.00. </HTML>

<HTML>

More than likely they shouldn't come out without the bolts off. I don't think you have to much to worry about though as long as you dont hit any bumps going way to fast which would cause either the forks to come out all together or jam up inside the tube. I'll try to find you a manual somewhere.

Good Luck,

john </HTML>

<HTML>

I found a technical data sheet of some sort. It said that the front fork should have 50mm. of spring movement. That is to say it should move up and down about 5 cm. It also said that Puch uses hydraulic suspension dampers of some kind. I don't know that yours has these though. I think something is either unattached or broken somewhere in the tube.You can get a good manual and parts at www.themopedjunkyard.com. I found them at www.moped.org.

Good Luck,

john</HTML>

<HTML>

The moped junkyard in Ocean City MD. sells reproduction manuals for $21.95 and they have two to pick from. They also carry alot of Puch parts. Their website is at www.themopedjunkyard.com

Good Luck,

john </HTML>

Shaun Strahm /

<HTML>The Puch fork top bolts commonly work loose. If you keep riding eventually the nuts that screw into the springs strip completely out. Try to rotate the fork tube clockwise veiwed from bottom into the nut. If it catches then back off a partial turn and assemble the fender & wheel, if not then your in for a possible fork replacement and subsequent grinding off the stuck bolt head. Call Shaun at Myrons Mopeds 714-992-5591.</HTML>

<HTML>Thank you all for your input. I live about two hours from Ocean City, MD. Where the moped Junkyard is located. I plan for me and my Puch to visit there this summer for some new rubber and a manual. I will have them look at the forks too. I will try turning the forks until the bolts catch, sounds logical.</HTML>

<HTML>Hey,

I live about 2 1/2 hours from Ocean City MD. to. I live in Carroll County Maryland in New Windsor. Where do you live?

Thanks,

john

P.S. If you need anymore help just E-mail me </HTML>

<HTML>Got to work on the Puch last weekend. Pulled the shock out and saw that it had grooves at the top part of the fork. I put the shock back in and made a couple of turns and click, good as new. Thanks for all you help!</HTML>

<HTML>Glad to hear it, have fun riding. Thank God its finnaly spring.

john</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account