tranny fluid

On a lot of mopeds, you can use standard type F fluid. I was wondering if anyone has tried something like B&M trick shift fluid? The bottle says that it will lower fricton, lower temps, etc. It does work pretty well in most automotive transmissions, What do you think would happen in a moped? Less friction- more power transferred, right?

Just figured I'd ask before I go out and try. Anyway the moped is still waiting for parts.

Re: tranny fluid

Sure,it works fine,but not on `peds that take 20W or 30W like Minarellis and Franco- Morinis.

The benefits you would gain probably would not justify the cost of the fluid, I'd just stick with what the manufacturer recommends and change it twice as often.

I guess I'll just keep it type F $2 a pint vs $6 you have a damn good piont. It probably does more in a complex transmission.

Re: $$$$ fluid

If your paying $2.00 a pint for F-Type transmission fluid I've got some land I'd like to sell you. Go to Meijers, Wallmart or Autozone and get the generic stuff, as long as it says F-Type and you don't swap brands all the time your bike won't know the difference.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account