RE: Decoking and Solvents

Jim C. /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

<HTML> On a cast iron cylinder exhast ports I use any tool that will scrape off the carbon. just be careful not to go crazy and scratch the bore or nick the edge of the port.

On the top of the piston, I use that wonder drug W4 Diddly (WD-40) and one of those green pot scrubber pads like a ScotchBrite. They will not harm the metal. Put the WD on the carbon and let it sit for a couple of minute til it softens it up

After doing the pot scrubber number, you will see that the piston dome is very smooth. Get a little aluminum polish and polish the top of the piston to a mirror finish. After using the polish be sure to remove all traces of it by buffing with a clean rag and cleaning with carb spray. I like STP in the red spray can. Next time you decoke, the job will be easier.</HTML>

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Decoking and SolventsTopic by: CapnChkn CapnChkn 02/22/00 04:14AM
  RE: Decoking and SolventsRe: Jim C. Jim C. 02/22/00 11:08PM
  RE: Decoking and SolventsRe: Robin Robin 02/27/00 12:38PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account