Decoking and Solvents

CapnChkn /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

<HTML>Hello Army!

I have read about Decarburizing, Uncrapping, or Decoking 2 stroke engines for as long as I have had this Ped, and I still don't know what kind of chemical to use as a solvent. I see in the message "Cleaning Aluminum Block" the use of Acetone, White Spirit, and Polish. How about Carberator Cleaner, like in the spray can?

Also are there any "tricks" anyone knows to getting this job done? I know about Steel Wool, Wire Brushes, and special tools for scraping, but what kind of tool would this be? What grade Steel Wool?

By the way, I suppose you wouldn't get the "Like New" aluminum shine if the block has been used for any length of time anyway because the metal would change color from the heat or absorb some chemical like Carbon from the exhaust.

Thanx,

Cap'n!</HTML>

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Decoking and SolventsTopic by: CapnChkn CapnChkn 02/22/00 04:14AM
  RE: Decoking and SolventsRe: Jim C. Jim C. 02/22/00 11:08PM
  RE: Decoking and SolventsRe: Robin Robin 02/27/00 12:38PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account