Puch Magnum spark plug

hi, i have a 1980 puch magnum mkII 2 hp and i was wondering what the correct spark plug is. I've been using an NGK B6HS but i think it might need a cooler plug. Also it has a 1/12/322 bing carb w/ jet size of 60. If i get a bigger jet will it go any faster? How much bigger jet? Thanks.

Re: Puch Magnum spark plug

Ron Brown /

Jeff,

Search for Bing and or jet and, this was just covered in a recent thread. I think someone also posted a list of Bing carbs and applications.

Why do you think your plug is too hot?

Ron

i think it is too hot because i heard something about the 2 HP versions using like a B8HS

Ron Brown /

Jeff,

I'm sure someone on here will tell you the correct plug.

Ron

From the Manual

This is from the Owner's Manual for the Magnum MKII.

Bosch W 7 A (W 175 T 1)

NGK B-6H or B-6 HS

Champion L-86

This is not from the manual but I was interested in getting one and looked it up but I'm not sure where to get one. If anyone knows, tell me.

Splitfire SF265F

Don't know enough about mine (1978 Puch Magnum MK II) to tell you the rest of the info, only had mine since this summer (my first ped).

Try a smaller jet

My advice is to try a #58 jet first. I also have a Magnum with that same setup. Using a stock #60 turned my plug black. When I went to a #58, my speed went up about 3 to 4mph. Just a thought....

Re: Try a smaller jet

Ron Brown /

Jeff,

If you understand plug chops and reading your spark plug, it is safe to do what TabPat sugests. If not, read Fred's guide under Resources, Articles, first.

Running too lean will make your ped run great until it seizes.

Ron

Jeff, you need to ditch that 12mm carb and get a 14mm unit and manifold if you want any kind of a performance increase.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account