Motobecane Sebring

Hi All

I am new to this group and also new to the world of mopeds. I just picked up a 1980 Motobecane Sebring moped and was wondering where I could find some info about it. I saw it sitting in a yard with some old cars near a body shop and thought it looked like a cool moped. I actually thought it was a dirt bike without the motor at first. I would like to get it running for my son to use. It is in pretty nice condition but has been sitting out side all summer. The guy who had it said it was going to the dump ground so he just gave it to me.

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Re: Motobecane Sebring

Ron Brown /

Scott,

Congratulations, good price!

Click Resources above, then Articles, then Fred's "How to fix your moped".

There is also a Motobecane owner's manual under Links.

If you have any specific problems, post again.

Ron

Ron,I thought we were buds!

Ron! Quit helping him! I want to take that bike off his hands!They're identical to my Motomarina Sebrings.LOL ! WANT TO SELL THAT PILE OF JUNK SCOTT ?Seriously,I can help you some,but order the manuals from Chris at www.mopedwarehouse.com and tell him I sent you.I need his good graces for some parts I'm about to order.I probably won't be back online `til Friday A.M. though.

Re: Ron,I thought we were buds!

Ron Brown /

Don,

Sorry.

Ron

Ron Brown /

Scott,

Sorry about my last post. What I meant to say was it's a lost cause, junk it, Don will give you $5.00 for it. : )

Ron

Does the five dollars include shipping? I would like to get it running but have thought about parting it out and selling on ebay. I would hate to do that though since it is complete. I don't know what it would cost to ship whole. I think I will take it apart this winter and clean it up and see if I can get it running. I took some pictures of it, is there some place where I can post them? I would like to re-paint the gas tank since it has some rust on it but I would have to take the green and blue decals and motobecane letters off and don't know how I would replace them.

Scott

I just found where to post the pictures. As soon as I get them developed I will post. I guess I should look some more before asking questions.

Scott

do NOT, i repeat, do NOT part out a complete bike. i hate that so much. if you can get it running (and it sounds very much like you can), then please get it running. enjoy it. ride it around. impress your friends. whatever. you will have fun working on and riding your new moped.

but if it's complete ... please don't part it out. mopeds have souls ... treat them w/ love and they will carry you for hundreds of miles of bliss.

Miguel, I worked on the Sebring tonight and would like to put your mind at rest and tell you I am not going to part out the ped. I took the carb off and am going clean it up tomorrow. I did get the plug to spark when I turned the pedals and the lights lit so that is good news. I need a new back brake cable and the throttle needs some work too.

Scott

Ron Brown /

Scott,

I guess this means Don is out of luck. : )

Keep wrenching.

Ron

Scott,I'm not that cheap!

Don't listen to Ron! I'll give you 25 dollars and you can deliver it for free! O.K.? Also I'll throw in lifetime(of the `ped) riding rights if you move to Ohio.Weekends only,of course.But seriously,you have got one of the toughest,most comfortable bikes that was ever made.And one of the most beautiful ! Do like Miguel says and fix it and enjoy it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account