puch

hi all, can anyone let me know if this sounds correct? puch maxi 2hp, biturbo exhaust, removed a couple of screens from air box, had a jet size of 58 in carb when i bought it. it was four stroking at full throttle... went lower to a 56 jet size, corrected!!! no more four stroking..... spark plug chop shows more on the richer side, not gray,but not soak and wet either. has under 1000 original miles. ( guarenteed) did i do the right thing by going lower in jet size, and did i lose any any proformance by going lower?? thanks for any info you guys and gays may have. :)

Re: puch

hi again, i top out at 35-36mph, and cruise at 31-32mph. i use 50 to 1 mixture synthetic. thanks.

That's pretty good Paul! The only thing is you might have tried to increase the air flow with the bigger jet and see if it stopped 4-stroking.Then see if you gained mph and do a new plug chop.When I had a 4-stroking problem once it was simply an air restriction.Some of the air boxes are pretty restrictive.

so don you think if i went to a # 60 it would give me more power, or with the screens out now it would defeat the purpose? thanks again

Now,Paul,I didn't say #60,but the previous jet was #58,right?I'm just saying to increase your air flow a little at a time and see how a #58 performs.But like Fred and Ron always say,`Do a plug chop' to make sure it's not too lean.My 4-stroking problem was with a #55 jet and it was because my filter(airbox) was too restrictive.

Ron Brown /

Paul,

What Don is saying is that leaving the 58 in and trying a test run without the air box will tell you if your filter is too restrictive. As your plug is still dark, you could actually try this with the smaller jet and do a plug chop again.

Ron

thanks ron, don. can the air box still be resricted even after i removed three layers? so try it with the smaller jet huh?

Ron Brown /

Paul,

I don't know what removed three layers means, but if it means you have an empty air box with big holes in it, go for the smaller jet, otherwise, pull the air box and try it first.

Ron

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account