Re: What does everyone do at work? (Don)

Nah,Wayne.I'm just a person who has specific Nuclear knowledge to allow me to run the Uranium enrichment process in a SAFE and controlled manner.We go thru so much training to assure safety ;you would not believe.But I'm just a little cog in the great nuclear wheel of electricity production.That fellow Rog,HE'S the main cog guy.But remember when you see some idiotic representation like Homer Simpson,that ANY nuclear employee who displayed 1% of his stupidity would be fired in a `New York minute'.Just ask Rog;he's probably had to fire a few idiots.I'm probably next on the chopping block and don't know it! And Mr. Burns? My older brother in `SAFETY' would have nailed him to the wall the first day on the job!

XBrandon EdgeX /

"'Nukeular,' it's pronounced 'Nukeular'"

--Homer J. Simpson

X-Brand,you ARE a case! You realize,do you, that it's one the most often mispronounced words by some of the world's most educated people? NU-CLE-AR,NU-CLE-AR ! You rascal!

Re: What does everyone do at work?

Geeze, I'm kind of sorry to say it but I work for the man- I'm an assistant transportation planner for the city of Lubbock. I've only had the job for about 8 monthes now. Got it right after I graduated with a bachelor's in architecture, with a minor in sculpture. It's a lot better than any of my other jobs- retail at Eckerd's , beekeper, deisel mechanic assistant, peon in the planning dept. Lots of paperwork, and stress but worth it in the end.

I'm between old fart and youngun, 26.

Rich King /

Jeeze, I guess I am older than dirt (54 yrs. old) and tougher than leather compared to most of you. Yes even Don.

I am a suit & tie guy. I am a Biologist with the Biopesticide and Pollution Prevention Division of the Office of Pesticide Programs for the US EPA (we grant licenses for biochemical pesticides and genetically enginerred plants). Oh yeah, to help me thru a financial bind a while back, I worked for 2 years, and still do on occasion as a Doorman (aka bouncer) in a rock&roll biker bar. I have always like engines and hot cars. I recently got "hooked" on MOPEDS as a diversion from depression over getting a divorce after 15 yrs. of marriage (no kids). Hey it is a whole lot cheaper than being hooked on Harley's like most guys my age. Met a lot of interesting people and done a lot of "cool things" (see post of 4/23/01) riding around on the PED. However, MOPED's did infect me with "Da FEVER" again (gave up motorcycles in the early 70"). "Bike Fever", that is. I finally succumed.. but not after a real struggle. It took me 2 HP mopeds: (76PUCH w/70 cc kit and a 2001 Derbi w/HP Terrigas exhaust kit) but I recently bought a restored '71 Honda engine w/some goodies (Trapp pipes, pumper carbs, & a mild cam) mounted on a purple pearl Chopper Frame w/chrome extended AEE's. You I guess you could say "Born to be Mild", just got wild, again.

Ol Rich - Who's 1st luv is still a PED

hey, i studied architecture as well. i've been working with perkins eastman architects for almost 3 years now. 25 years old.

Reeperette /

Heh, they pay me to drive a car, seriously.

I push a taxi around the Flint area...hey, it's money, and ya get to see some interestin goings-on.

Plus it amuses the hell outta me that while I drive my 'ped cause I enjoy it, one has to actually pay me to push a cage...hehehe.

-Ree

What do I do at work? Very little if it's a good day! I'm the network administrator / I.T. Manager for an offsite file storage company. Mind you, when you add in all my other little "talents" you could expand my job description to maintainance, sanitation, and referee. I guess I'm kinda like Ree...at work they have to pay my to do all this computer stuff, but at home I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to check out the "army" and tune in to the going's on.

Richard

Kyle Fluck /

i work at Napa Auto Parts. I'm a youngin, only 17 years old. got my ped recently ( 3 months ago) and have been loving every minute of itRichard wrote:

>

> What do I do at work? Very little if it's a good day! I'm

> the network administrator / I.T. Manager for an offsite file

> storage company. Mind you, when you add in all my other

> little "talents" you could expand my job description to

> maintainance, sanitation, and referee. I guess I'm kinda

> like Ree...at work they have to pay my to do all this

> computer stuff, but at home I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes to

> check out the "army" and tune in to the going's on.

>

> Richard

I'm 34

I am currently a paperboy. 6 days a week I deliver 110 papers. Usually on my scooter (with trailer). If it's not so nice out I take the car. On sundays I take the car or truck because 180 of the huge papers wont fit on the scooter. I'm done at 7 AM and have the rest of the day to myself!

I worked for 11 years in a food distribution warehouse (in perishables-Brrrr) doing everything from picking orders to recieving outside drivers on our dock. Got burned out. Took a year off and I didn't wanna get another "real job" so I deliver papers! No stress, no bosses and no coworkers.

Before that I was a drywall finisher for three years.

Cool, I'm not the only architecure studier around. I never worked for a firm before, but I've dealt with a lot in the planning office. Are you working on your license, or are you still in school?

Interesting the way AIA has their requirements - it's faster to get your license by interning for 6 years, instead of graduating and interning for three.

chuck russo /

im still unemployed but i will just mooch of my parents for awhile, i applied for a job at bed bath and beyond but they never called so i have pretty much given up on the job hunt for now

I envy you.

Really,getting to ride for a living! WOW ! But don't use a scooter,get a `ped instead!

XBrandon EdgeX /

I strongly support unemployment. Way to go, Chuck. It's fun, as long as you have someone to mooch off of or have a stash of money in the bank.

I'm in a 3 year Civil Engineering Technologist program .. only 19 and don't work right now though..

chuck russo /

well i only have 30 somthing in my bank account. i had money in the stockmarket but i took it out and spent it

and my granparents pay for just about everything i want and need

and i do home school on top of all of it, so i wake up when ever i feel like it do some school work like once a week kick back and play ps2 and watch tv

ah ..the life of a bum

XBrandon EdgeX /

Amen to that, Chuck. Amen to that.

i guess i'm working towards my licence, but i'm taking my dear sweet time. i haven't kept track of the past year and a half.

i think most states got rid of the apprenticing for 6 years deal. and for some reason, i thought it was 15 years. but it's been a while, and most things i used to know, have been long forgotten.

chuck russo (va) /

yeah being a bum is fun and if u have granparents like mine being a bum can be profitable

It was always one of those things that I was told, but never given proof of. Most of the people I know end up working for at least 6 years before they sit for the license anyway. I'm just glad I stuck with it long enough to get the degree.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account