re.trouble shoot on jawa

my jawa has lights and it has electricty but no spark no jolt when i touch it so i went to the wires and no jolt again so i cleaned the conections on the junction box. Checked the wire for bends or breaks, but no spark.

LESTER

Re: re.trouble shoot on jawa

You gotta tell these guys the year and model no. and if it's a CDI ignition or breaker points type,O.K.?Be specific as to how the problem happened.(gradually ,or after a wreck or what).Sounds like a possible coil or CDI burned out.Some bikes are set up so a burned out taillight will stop the ignition circuit.Can you say,`STUPID IDEA'? They could've thought of some other way to let you know you have a taillight burned out,rather than dumping you in the middle of `WHO KNOWS WHERE'.

XBrandon EdgeX /

I thought of an idea to see when your bulbs are burnt out while riding. Get some fiber-optic cable and run it from right next to the offending bulb to an area near the speedometer. That way, it doesn't interfere with the electric system.

Not a bad idea,X-Brand! But can you get that fiber optic stuff cheap?And will it stand the beating of daily mopeding?How big diameter cable would you need?

XBrandon EdgeX /

I would assume you can get plastic fiber pretty cheap, like the stuff they use on those lamp things with all the little fibers sticking out of the top that only light up on the very tips of the fibers. any diameter fiber would work, i would think, just as long as you can see it light up

XBrandon EdgeX /

<a href="http://www.techcd.net/Qstore/p000005.htm">fiber optic cable</a>

From what I can tell, it's 52 cents for 10 feet (ten feet being the minimum order.)

XBrandon EdgeX /

Nope, 52 cents for 1 foot actually

That's still pretty cheap ,you know?Maybe you've hit on something here,X-Brand!Does it come in different color-casting types?

XBrandon EdgeX /

<a href="http://www.techcd.net/Qstore/c000031.htm">yes, it does, Don</a>

(I'm learning html!)

But is that a pre-determined length or per foot?I saw 1/4" endglow for 1.20 / ft.which looks usable and is sheathed.Wonder if you could light the speedo with the taillight reflection?Or maybe rig up `STEALTH' headlights for night stalking.Well,Wayne the `Gadget Man' will think of something I'm sure.LOL !

I may be mistaken but I believe you have to actually activate fiber optics with electricity for them to work, not just reflect light towards them.

Hmmmm! Now that might make a whole new ball game out of it.THANKS!

XBrandon EdgeX /

No, they carry light. I remember messing with one in a science class. the light went through a glass rod that looped around and it travelled all the way through it. I could run one end along some text in a book and I could read it at the other end of the tube even after the image went through a 360 degree loop. It's kind of like looking through really thick glass or a magnifying lens. Oh, something else that's kind of interesting, my brother was telling me about someone who did auto upholstry using fishing line as thread and he was able to do fiber optic effects in the upholstry of the car with it.

1984 jawa 2 speed not sure if it is the coil i think it is what i call the junction box it looks like a small black box w/ 4 wire connections w/ numbers on the box 1 15 I 0 not sure if in that order it jus t stopped runing one day about three years ago

LESTER

Ron Brown /

Lester,

Click Resources, Articles, then Fred's "How to fix your moped".

Maybe someone else will recognize the box you are talking about and post here.

Ron

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account