honda ns 50 question

chuck russo /

my friend has a 1990 honda ns 50 it looks like a sport bike but only smaller and i was wondering if this was considered a moped? it doesnt have pedals and it has gears its fast i have had it at 65 down my road. where can i find out if this would be considered a moped because its only 50cc?

Re: honda ns 50 question

chuck scroll down to "this is a moped in michigan" and see if thats what youre talking about he says its a 3 or 4 speed but its a moped there!

chuck russo /

i have seen that same bike on ebay. i went to moped2.org and found that it would be a moped but its 2 fast in va mopeds have to be slower than 30 mph and this thing does 65 and its a 4 or 5 speed i dont remember i think its a 5 speed but since i will be 16 tomarrow i might just buy it and get my motor cycle lisence

Its not considered a moped in VA, In VA. 2hp, peddles, peddles to work like a bike, no gear to change, not over 30mph. The newer peds sold here are kick start, they don`t grip on that, Doug D

Don't you mean an NSR50? Who cares about pedals ... the NSR has 4 gears, but a 5-geared or 6-geared gearbox is also available :)

Yes, it is FAST ... when you replace the original CDI unit for an unlimited one :)

Add a 20mm carburettor, and your ped will become a racemonster :)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account