Re: Who let you out on a day pass ?

miguel /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i agree w/ american patriot.

i want to be different. i want to be like all the different people. i want assert my individuality along w/ others who are different like me.

yes, i'm being sarcastic.

first of all, people tend to associate themselves w/ others who share similar intersts. that's why we have friends. i like my friends, so i spend time w/ them. we share common interests. sometimes we disagree on things. if that's a clique, then so be it.

and this whole notion of "changing cliques" seems rather odd. patriot, you seem to be suggesting that people should NOT change cliques (i.e. that social group decisions should be constant). part of the very nature of individualism is that it allows you to change one's persona by choice. today i may want to dress like a mod. tomorrow i may want to dress like a cowboy. if i'm truly an individual, i should have the choice among those options, eh?

also, a part of being honest w/ oneself is being intellectually flexible. i don't know everything. so if i stumble upon a friend who recommends a music groups i've never heard of, for example, why not check it out? if i end up liking them, so what? don't i have that right to make that decision?

if i lived w/o a peer group, i'd live alone in a cave and never interact w/ other people. but i don't. i like being around people. i like being around people i have common interests w/ ... and sometimes w/ people who are different and can teach me new and interesting things. that's an integral part of how i find out who i am ... by seeing how i interact w/ other fellow human beings.

your final statement is ironic. you ask us to think for ourselves, by insisting that we follow the process by which YOU think for yourself. how individual is that? is my being an "individual" predicated on being "different like you"? or am i supposed to be different to everything just for the sake of being different? if that's the case, then i'm not thinking for myself either, i'm just reacting to everything around me quite blindly.

i'm glad you think for yourself. keep it up. but don't judge me or others. we have the right to be who we are; to think what we want; and to associate w/ whomever we choose. i'm not going to conform to your personal standars of what an "individual" is. i'll stick to mine, thank you very much.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  please help. moped safety issue.Topic by: american patriot american patriot 10/11/01 06:21PM
  Re: please help. moped safety issue.Re: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 10/11/01 06:34PM
  Who let you out on a day pass ?Re: Reeperette Reeperette 10/11/01 11:50PM
  Re: Who let you out on a day pass ?Re: american patriot american patriot 10/12/01 01:02AM
  Re: Who let you out on a day pass ?Re: miguel miguel 10/12/01 02:32AM
  Re: please help. moped safety issue.Re: don-ohio don-ohio 10/12/01 04:05AM
  Re: please help. moped safety issue.Re: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 10/12/01 10:04AM
  Re: please help. moped safety issue.Re: Chris Chris 10/15/01 10:40PM
  Re: please help. moped safety issue.Re: miguel miguel 10/16/01 12:37AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account