please help. moped safety issue.

american patriot /

an observation, nothing original or unique:

i think it's amusing when people grow tired of their peer group/social clique, then move on to a new peer group/social clique, and try their best to fit in just as hard as they tried to fit in with the previous peer group(s)/social clique(s).

a thought for today:

have you ever thought of trying to live your life without a peer group/social clique and find out who you really are instead of resorting to every single pre-packaged

indentity you stumble upon?

you know who you are. look in the mirror and tell yourself "i am an individual. i think for myself." after a little while you will feel better.

have a nice day.

Re: please help. moped safety issue.

InfectedBootSector /

That is exactly what the moped is. it is freedom to be who you want to be. Hell, I don't ask to be picked on or run over or threatened. I ride my moped because I want to, because it's me and it stands for the same values and ideas that I believe in.

Who let you out on a day pass ?

Reeperette /

By the deliberately misleading subject title - I suspect this conglomeration of mush-mouth, double-talk hypocrisy was intended to be a slam.

So, let's rip it to shreds then, shall we ?

>>i think it's amusing when people grow tired of their peer group/social clique, then move on to a new peer group/social clique, and try their best to fit in just as hard as they tried to fit in with the previous peer group(s)/social clique(s).<<

Gee, when have I ever given a rats ass about fitting in ?

If I wanted to fit in I woulda bought a car, not a moped, as my first vehicle...but I figured morons like you were being viciously burned by all the extended bullshit that comes with a car, and so you are welcome to it - you "enjoy" your unreliable, over-priced, expensive maintainence money pit....and I shall enjoy my money.

As I recall, I was the only dude in town with one, and the only person to this day to ride one back and forth down ritchie hwy to work every single day regardless of weather...and why ? to make a statement ? like bloody hell.

I did it cause I damn well enjoyed it, and who cares what anyone else thinks.

>>have you ever thought of trying to live your life without a peer group/social clique and find out who you really are instead of resorting to every single pre-packaged indentity you stumble upon?<<

Yeah, riiight, and who's following the crowd here ? the one's riding the "uncool" vehicles, or the ones bashing them because they are "uncool" ? suck on your own advice a while, pal....and get back to us when you reverse your near-terminal case of rectocranial inversion.

If we were a herd-minded horde like you cage-pushers, then why do we mostly have wholly different interests ? cause we maintain that originality and creativity are desirable, something your hive-mind anti-mainstream non-conformists (who, yet, all do EXACTLY the same things in their supposed non-conformity...) cannot seem to understand.

Every moped is more or less an individual creation, especially after constant tuning and tinkering, as personalised as possible, and many times in a manner reflecting it's owner.

Other than our interests in mopeds, there's really no other single factor amongst us that is common, not age, not musical tastes, or what we do for entertainment...and yet, in proper AMERICAN style, which you should understand, claiming to be a patriot (but more likely just following the herd even now...) we are a melting pot of many different people, individual and equal, yet respecting the differences amongst ourselves as you do not.

Your very actions in posting on this forum condemn you, for if you were truly an individual, you would not have a "problem" with other peoples choices whether or not to be - but you cannot stand anything that doesn't fit YOUR view of the world as it should be and speak against it ?

Rather than instill the ideas of individual thought and action, you are in fact preaching the very thing you claim to not like - conformity, just conformity to YOUR ideal.

Well, in response to that, how bout you kiss mah ass, eh ?

>>you know who you are. look in the mirror and tell yourself "i am an individual. i think for myself." after a little while you will feel better.<<

How bout you take your own misbegotten "Advice" with the LARGE grain of salt it requires and perhaps wake up to reality, the reality that you are simply shifting blame for your own actions.

And if, by some sake of sheer denseness, you think I have personally insulted YOU, as well as ripping your pathetic, vague, distorted supposition of an "Argument" apart.....well fine and dandy.

And don't even bother with the "I'll kick your skinny ass moped punk!" ball of wax, I've heard it all before, and frankly, would welcome you to try - in fact, if it means that damn all much to you, show up at one of the BBQ's and give it a shot, hell, I'll even sell tickets and cut you in on the proceeds....it might help defer yer medical expenses when I get through with you.

Now take yer angst-ridden anti-mainstream pretend nonconformist shit somewhere else where it might be welcome, cause it DAMN sure ain't welcome here.

-Ree

Re: Who let you out on a day pass ?

american patriot /

Reeperette wrote:

> By the deliberately misleading subject title - I suspect this

> conglomeration of mush-mouth, double-talk hypocrisy was

> intended to be a slam.

misleading title? yes. a blanket attack on moped-riding individuals? definitely not.

> So, let's rip it to shreds then, shall we ?

why? when it's easier and much more fun to flex our extensive vocabularies and threaten others with physical harm !

> Gee, when have I ever given a rats ass about fitting in ?

uh, i don't know. i don't recall ever having met you.

> If I wanted to fit in I woulda bought a car, not a moped, as

> my first vehicle...but I figured morons like you were being

> viciously burned by all the extended bullshit that comes with

> a car, and so you are welcome to it - you "enjoy" your

> unreliable, over-priced, expensive maintainence money

> pit....and I shall enjoy my money.

guess what? i don't own a car. please direct your anti-automobile sentiments to people who actually own and drive such vehicles.

> Other than our interests in mopeds, there's really no other

> single factor amongst us that is common, not age, not musical

> tastes, or what we do for entertainment...and yet, in proper

> AMERICAN style, which you should understand, claiming to be a

> patriot (but more likely just following the herd even now...)

the name is a joke. of course, it's nice to assume all kinds of things...

> Your very actions in posting on this forum condemn you, for

> if you were truly an individual, you would not have a

> "problem" with other peoples choices whether or not to be -

> but you cannot stand anything that doesn't fit YOUR view of

> the world as it should be and speak against it ?

again, more assumptions or maybe you have esp?

> Rather than instill the ideas of individual thought and

> action, you are in fact preaching the very thing you claim to

> not like - conformity, just conformity to YOUR ideal.

hey, don't tell anyone...actually, i'm trying to find converts for the new religion i plan to start.

> How bout you take your own misbegotten "Advice" with the

> LARGE grain of salt it requires and perhaps wake up to

> reality, the reality that you are simply shifting blame for

> your own actions.

shifting blame for what? shifting blame to who?

> And if, by some sake of sheer denseness, you think I have

> personally insulted YOU, as well as ripping your pathetic,

> vague, distorted supposition of an "Argument" apart.....well

> fine and dandy.

argument? definitely not, just because you perceive it as such doesn't mean it is.

> Now take yer angst-ridden anti-mainstream pretend

> nonconformist shit somewhere else where it might be welcome,

> cause it DAMN sure ain't welcome here.

i think you hurt my feelings.

Re: Who let you out on a day pass ?

i agree w/ american patriot.

i want to be different. i want to be like all the different people. i want assert my individuality along w/ others who are different like me.

yes, i'm being sarcastic.

first of all, people tend to associate themselves w/ others who share similar intersts. that's why we have friends. i like my friends, so i spend time w/ them. we share common interests. sometimes we disagree on things. if that's a clique, then so be it.

and this whole notion of "changing cliques" seems rather odd. patriot, you seem to be suggesting that people should NOT change cliques (i.e. that social group decisions should be constant). part of the very nature of individualism is that it allows you to change one's persona by choice. today i may want to dress like a mod. tomorrow i may want to dress like a cowboy. if i'm truly an individual, i should have the choice among those options, eh?

also, a part of being honest w/ oneself is being intellectually flexible. i don't know everything. so if i stumble upon a friend who recommends a music groups i've never heard of, for example, why not check it out? if i end up liking them, so what? don't i have that right to make that decision?

if i lived w/o a peer group, i'd live alone in a cave and never interact w/ other people. but i don't. i like being around people. i like being around people i have common interests w/ ... and sometimes w/ people who are different and can teach me new and interesting things. that's an integral part of how i find out who i am ... by seeing how i interact w/ other fellow human beings.

your final statement is ironic. you ask us to think for ourselves, by insisting that we follow the process by which YOU think for yourself. how individual is that? is my being an "individual" predicated on being "different like you"? or am i supposed to be different to everything just for the sake of being different? if that's the case, then i'm not thinking for myself either, i'm just reacting to everything around me quite blindly.

i'm glad you think for yourself. keep it up. but don't judge me or others. we have the right to be who we are; to think what we want; and to associate w/ whomever we choose. i'm not going to conform to your personal standars of what an "individual" is. i'll stick to mine, thank you very much.

Re: please help. moped safety issue.

Mr.American Patriot:If you have followed this forum you've seen the individuality of people maybe without knowing it.The individuality is what brings the knowledge to this forum and enhances our mopeding experience.You may think it's humorous to observe people trying to `fit in' to a peer group,but you aren't realizing that there are few peers here.We're from all walks of life,even different countries.You've got `Crusty `ol Fred,Excitable Ree,Reasoning Ron,Miguel the Thinker,and me(Dumb Donald),along with Wayne the GADGET MAN,and a host of others that are different and always will be.We're not each others peers,we just share a love of mopeds and the freedom mopeds allow us to attain to.See?

Re: please help. moped safety issue.

Jamie Leonard /

Not to mention the mix of age groups, income levels, cultural backgrounds, nationalities.. I suspect a great many of the of the people on here are only linked by their owning a moped. (Not to mention those who show up owning a noped, goped, or scooter and read the forums as well)

I always find it amusing when people start talking about "fitting in" myself - usually the self styled rebels are the ones who always rebel in the same way, with the same clothes and same music. It's the ones who wear what feels comfortable, do what seems right, and don't worry much about impressing anyone else.... in other words the ones who most of the time look to be perfectly average because they don't make an effort to stand out just to stand out.... that can be truly different.

Besides, unless someone has the social abilities of a diseased lemur, you're pretty well going to be able to say they belong to some "clique" or group. Human beings are social animals by nature, and form small groups as well. It's part of human socialization.

Jamie

Re: please help. moped safety issue.

WOW!

Re: please help. moped safety issue.

also if american patriot would check the forum more regularly he'd notice that many posters have mad computer skills ... who can track ip numbers ...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account