Re: I quit smoking today, just cigarettes

Acosi /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey that's great news man! I've been quit for 11/4 years now and couldn't feel any better. I found thinking of how much better I felt everyday after quitting really helped with my cravings. The day I quit was also the day I decided to get in shape and I really started getting off on how much easier my cardio (jogging) sessions got on a daily basis due to my easier breathing. I also went on the patch. Its widely know that if you smoke while on the patch you're going to get very sick due to nicotine overdose so aslong as I got up every morning and put the patch on I knew I was not going to smoke that day, I had no choice! I smoked for 7years (since I was 12 years old) at a pack a day (cdn 25 in a pack) and havn't lapsed since the day I quit.. GOOD LUCK.. BELIEVE ME IT GETS BETTER EVERYDAY. Be carefull though.. I found at the 3 week mark I started missing not so much the nicotine but the 'act' of smoking. My milestones were 3days(the insanity of addiction fades) 3 weeks(feeling much healthier, not coughing, but missing my buddies in the smoking section) 3months(I can't believe I ever smoked and the smell makes me sick).

Sorry for rambling on, I know you will be successful!

~Aco

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account