Perfomance parts??

Kyle Fluck /

Just wondering if there is such a thing as performance exhaust for a 76 Sach's Hercules? or any performance parts at that? any tricks anyone knows to get more speed/acceleration? let me know. thanks.

Re: Perfomance parts??

Man, if I had a quarter for each time I've posted that same question, I'd probably have a buck by now. There isn't much for the sachs specifically, I think there is an italian company that sells a piston/head kit-it's in the mopedarmy's links section.

I guess all that you can do is go with the normal stuff- open up the exhaust, fiddle with the carb, change sprocket sizes and make sure that everything works allright. I have a 78 Sachs Westlake that's currently under the wrench, so to speak. I'd like to find something myself, before I get it back together, BUT nobody has come forward with anything.

I hope you'll have better luck.

Mike

You could always adapt another performance pipe like a BiTurbo.

It will require cutting and welding.

Just maintain the overall length to roughly what the BiTurbo was before you cut it.

(within an inch or two).

You could also try running without the head gasket or get the head "shaved".

A dirtbike motorcycle shop might know who can do that for you.

You can't really shave the head on a sachs. The head and jug are all one piece. I'm not really sure what it would do if you ran it without the gasket between the block and jug. Anyone tried it?

I don't think many machine shops would be willing to bore it out for the same reason.

The bi-turbo should work like a charm, you may not even need to weld anything.

Sorry... I had no idea they were 1 piece.

Kyle Fluck /

Where would i find a bi-turbo, and has anyone put one on a Sach's? I have only owned my moped for a few months and i dont want to mess anything up. so i want to take extra precautions and do things right.

measure the diameter of the end of the exhaust pipe, right where the muffler attaches, and measure the length of the muffler. Take both those dimentions and put a posting on the parts wanted/ for sale forum, or check the member registry for people in your area, and ask if they have one and if you could try it. Quite a few (maby all) the people on the registry are good people and are willing to help out annother mopeder, especially if that means more people riding.

That's what it's all about, right?

Mike

this is all I've found for a sachs:

http://www.polini.com/pol-cgi/articolo?3642

It looks really big, and kind of like a standard part, but I can't read Italian, and don't know anyone who has one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account