my sister wants a ped

chuck russo /

my sister wants a ped but im trying to talk her into getting a 50cc honda scooter

because shes not a good driver and i think it would be a lil safer for her what do u all think

Re: my sister wants a ped

Imo riding a classic moped is safer, especially in the slippy conditions.Allso the small wheels on scooters are dangerous.Even a small brick can cause u to crash.

I would have to say that mopeds are no more safe or dangerous than scooters, especially a 50 cc model. Like dick said, scooters have smaller wheels, which become a problem when you hit a pothole or a rock in the road, but have more manuverability to avoid those said obstacles. I would have to say that a moped is the best vehicle to start with, if you move to a scooter after a moped than you have more experince and notice the difference between the two. Whatever ride she ends up with, make sure she has a helmet, wears safe riding clothes (long sleeves, helmet, pants, boots, etc.) and be sure to tell her that when riding a moped/scooter, you have to assume that all other drivers on the road (cars, trucks ans suv's) can not see you / dont care if you are on the road. (In other words, ride defensevly). I think its cool that she wants a moped/scooter.

<sorry about the horrible spelling, I just got back from happy hour>

I think she should get a moped not a scooter. Mopeds are cheaper and easier to repair. Plus you have the benefit of pedals so if she is use to riding a bike it will be a little more familiar to her than a scooter, and it gives one a greater sense of control over the vehicle. Oh and the most important factor. Mopeds look a lot cooler than some crappy scooter.

That

J. Sailor /

get her a tomos

Definitely go with a moped! I absolutely LOVE mine and I agree that a moped is easier to learn on/control than a scooter...

That's my 5 cents (inflation).

Chuck,it may depend on your traffic conditions around you(her).Some scooters will go faster and keep up with city traffic better and have better `take-off' at the light.But I don't like scooters because of their dinky wheels and `snailish' looks.Some scoots have more stability because of a lower center of gravity.BUT if she's like me,she just wants to save gas while having a blast and that means MOPEDING.Besides,if she's in a wreck,do you want her to have been traveling 30mph or 55mph?I vote for 30.(Been there,done that).

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account