Winter storage for my Motobecane

Ray Sanders /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey all,

(No I didn't get killed on my ped or anything, it's been running so well, I haven;t had to come on here and complain about it. :-)

ANyway, With the fact that we could have snowfall here in Iowa in the next 2-3 weeks it's about time to put the ol moped in the garage for winter.

Okay. So I know to pull the plug and put in some 30W oil into the cylinder, and turn over the engine a couple of times. Now about the fuel. Some people say to run it completely out of gas before storing it for winter. Others say to put in some fuel stabilizer and leave the tank full.

Any other good tips to recommend so that in spring I'm not going through everything I went through this past spring?

Thanks!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Winter storage for my MotobecaneTopic by: Ray Sanders Ray Sanders 10/04/01 02:01PM
  Re: Winter storage for my MotobecaneRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/04/01 03:09PM
  Re: Winter storage for my MotobecaneRe: daveb daveb 10/04/01 06:33PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account