Re: oil on the rear brakes

Peggy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi Barbara,

Ironically, I got oil on my rear brakes on my Kinetic too when I changed the oil in the crankcase. I sprayed some carb cleaner (it's all I had) around the rear brake area. I also rode through some puddles of water and hosed the area around the brake with a little water. Then I rode the 'ped down the road a bit to help dry it, using the rear brake (although it would not stop the ped). I did this every day for several days. Just be careful and keep your hand on the front brake until you begin to regain your rear brake power!

It took about 2 weeks before I regained most of the braking power. 3 weeks later it was back to normal (at least as far as i can remember).

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  oil on the rear brakesTopic by: Barbara Perkins Barbara Perkins 10/03/01 03:47PM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/03/01 04:06PM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: Doug D Doug D 10/04/01 01:55AM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: don-ohio don-ohio 10/04/01 09:38AM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: Jamie Jamie 10/04/01 09:05PM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: Peggy Peggy 10/09/01 11:09PM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: Jim C. Jim C. 10/10/01 11:58PM
  Re: oil on the rear brakesRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 10/11/01 11:46AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account