Re: oil?

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Rog! I know Fred said Pennzoil 2-stroke is good and so you're good there.Break-in shouldn't have to be over 300 mi. unless there's a special reason to differentiate it from the usual new `ped.I would wait 600 mi. to really `put the pedal to the metal' for any long trip,though or hard hill-climbing with a rider,etc.It just makes good sense to err on the conservative side.ABOUT GASOLINE: The most important thing is to buy QUALITY gas that you can depend on not having `ETHANOL' in it.MARATHON or SHELL are great gasolines,and have proper anti-rust additives and cleaning additives.If your bike has over 120 lbs. compression,you might benefit from running `plus' grade gas.Just remember that STIHL chainsaw company will void a warranty if you use gas with alcohol in their small engines,SO WHAT SHOULD THAT TELL US ABOUT ETHANOL?Hmmmm? I'm in favor of using that corn to make WHISKEY anyway,until they REALLY build a vehicle that's meant to `drink it'.LOL ! BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  oil?Topic by: Rog Rog 09/30/01 06:24PM
  Re: oil?Re: don-ohio don-ohio 10/01/01 10:46AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account