Who's into home theater systems? Let's see what ya

I just got some 21 year old speakers that absolutely sound fantastic! Paid $550 for em and they went for $1700 new back in 1985. Upgrading the whole system now. New reciever, DVD, rear and center speakers and VCR.

P9270005.JPG

Re: Who's into home theater systems? Let's see wha

If you know these speakers you get the booby prize!!! Go ahead and guess.

cornw.jpg

Don,

I started into home theater in 1993. I was the first person of anyone I know to have it. I spent "way" too much money on it in todays dollars, but I got a good price back then. I paid ove $3500 just for the speakers but I haven't had a singler problem with it yet and I have no need to do any upgrades other than add a DVD player. All I can offer you on your foray into home theater is this:

Don't buy anything beacause it is a good price. Take your time and listen to every component with the kind of music you listen to before you choose. Every component will sound different with different speakers so match them together. Some high end places will let you bring your speaker in and they will hook them up to the system you are looking at so you can hear what they will sound like together. They'll do this if they are on commission and think you are serious about buying from them. You wouldn't buy a car ( or moped) without a test drive would you???

Richard

I've got 5 cool computers on a digital network with a 400 watt bass two jensen 200 watt speakers, a 25 inch TV (kinda small), and everything linked to the machines.

My wife gets the new movies downloaded before they arrive at the movie theater.

Not quite home theater, but it is a great system--- very loud, we can do almost anything with data, audio or video---

Compute.jpg

When you guys want to venture into dts surround music that you can't get commercially from the olden days of quadraphonic sound...let me know!

http://hometown.aol.com/matrixquad/list.htm

Reeperette /

Holy cow wayne...are we related or what ?!

That looks like MY desk, computers and all !!

(Save that mosta mine are lot....uhh...older, than that.)

-Ree

very cool! Big power bill?

Judging by the appearance of the open rear of the cabinet I have two guesses. First is either the Klipsch Chorus (maybe Chorus II), the pedestal type bottom and the little emblem on the woofer seems to be from them. The other guess is purely that sense I have never seen a pair of these so forgive me the name. Cornwall/Cornwell? What type of amp are you running, seperate powered subwoofer? Surrounds? Center? Cable, setup, a billion questions and only minutes to type them.

Brian S

We also have a 110 gallon fish tank, yes, power bill is a lot of money, but we don't run all the computers unless there's company over or we need extra machines.

-Wayne

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account