Motobecane Model 7 ?? message to Ron

Wim Cuypers /

As I don't want to start a discussion with Ron (who (I think, according to the many posts) is a real expert, I just want to give some facts why I think my MBK is a model 7 :

Except for the rear suspension and the slightly different fork, it looks exactly like the in hte picture gallery

The Identification plate reads : Model 7/25 (which I think means model 7 / 25 Km/h)

I also have a Motobecane Mobylette 50v which looks different (fueltank / speedometer / headlight)

Maybe this one is newer (or older), so they might have added rear suspensions.

PS about the bolt : I didn't knew about the rubber inside, to I decided to leave it in. Because I want to protect it for the sandblasting, I taped it thoroughly.

Wim Cuypers

Re: Help on a Hyosung? anybody

I have a brand new (2002) hyosung sf-50 it goes 32 mph , I know it is capable of much more but dont know how to acheive this, can ya help? thanks Rog

Re: Motobecane Model 7 ?? message to Ron

Ron Brown /

Wim,

>As I don't want to start a discussion with Ron

Why do you address a post to me that begins with this?

Anyway, you could be right, however, check the Motobecane owners manual under Recources, Links and look at the pictures on page 1. The upper right pic is what my model 7 looks like.

Maybe the 7 on the frame below the seat was a special deal for rental fleets, so that they could shout "COME IN NUMBER SEVEN" at the end of the day and all the renters would return. : )

Possibly there is a pic of your ped on this page and someone else can ID it for you.

Ron

XBrandon EdgeX /

I always thought they were called 7's because of the shape of the frame (stand it on the front wheel and look at the left side, or tilt your head to the right and look at the left side would probably be easier :)

Ron Brown /

Brandon,

I thought it was because it came between the model 6 and 8 but I went to the garage, turned the ped on it's rear wheel and stood on my head. I guess there is a seven in there somewhere but the one on the side of the frame is easier to read. : )

Ron

X-Brand and Ron! You're both wrong;That 7 stands for the Luck you'll need to get it fixed!LOL !

Ron Brown /

Don,

Laugh away, I have a matched pair and I'll run them against any '70's or '80's ped with a stock engine and exhaust. : )

Ron

I was just generalizing ,Ron.Even Motobecanes are hard to fix sometimes,eh?But I don't know if you want to run stock Motobecanes against that Puch of Tabpat's.Did you notice the speedo's buried?And my Minarelli powered Sebring might make you cry UNCLE also,of which bike I have triplicate.SO THERE!!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account