Moped Idle - HELP!!!!

Ryan Price /

<HTML>I am having problems trying to get a 1983 Peugeot 103 to idle. It will ONLY idle if I have the choke pulled about half way in. Any ideas?

Ryan</HTML>

RE: Moped Idle - HELP!!!!

<HTML>i do not now</HTML>

<HTML>I can't stress that a carb should be clean. I know little to nothing about most mopeds. However, when mine would not run and then would not idle, I came here. The answer from so many was to clean that carb out and make sure it is squeaky clean. It now runs better than I can ever remember. Also check the fuel filter, if any. It could be clogged enough to restrict the amount of fuel. How's that for a guess?

</HTML>

<HTML>You need to adjust the mixture. It sounds like your bike is getting to much air and not enough gas the adjustment is made by turning the screw counter clockwise. If this doesn't fix it try reseting the throtle cable. </HTML>

<HTML>You can have a vaccume leak or the idle

circuit is part clogged. Put bike on stand,

and remove air filter, get it running and

rev-up, then cover the carb. opening and let

it choke to it quits (throddle still in

rev-up position) dry off your spark plug and

put back togeather. This will suck trash out

of idle circuit....also there is a super

addative called "SEA FOAM" cleans carb and

carbon in cylendar, it works. Ryan Price wrote:-------------------------------I am having problems trying to get a 1983 Peugeot 103 to idle. It will ONLY idle if I have the choke pulled about half way in. Any ideas?Ryan</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account