What sort off lincence do i need to drive a moped

<HTML>HI

iam 16 and have a honda melody i want to take it on the road but iam not sure if i need to take a test or not

so if you could help me

thanks alot</HTML>

Re: What sort off lincence do i need to drive a mo

Hey Bob,

Depends what state your in... check out moped.org they have all state laws... I only Know in NYS for a moped that does less than 31mph you don't need anything but a normal drivers licence but if it goes faster than 31 you need a motorcycle licence... check with your DMV to know for sure.. I got a little pamphlet from my DMV, and I know your going to have to register it before you can drive it on the road thats only a few bucks.... I have a little garelli that goes about 20mph l so I don't worry about a licence, I don't have one, just my motorcycle permit... but the cops here know. they just figure I cant go fast enough to do any damage, dont even need insurance it goes so slow l cant even ride it down main st. just the back streets

Re: What sort off lincence do i need to drive a mo

Adam:

If your Garelli goes only 20mph, you should check it. It can be made to go about 30mph. It's probably restricted, but you can fix that easily enough.

20mph garelli - Adam

If your Garelli goes only 20mph, you should check it. It can be made to go about 30mph. It's probably restricted, but you can fix that easily enough.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account