91 tomas golden bullet moped

hi all, im looking at this tomas on ebay. can anyone tell me about it? is it a good year, easy to work on, top speed, can i modify it? any info would be great. thanks

Re: 91 tomas golden bullet moped

Reeperette /

>>can anyone tell me about it? is it a good year, easy to work on, top speed, can i modify it?<<

Yes.

Quite good year, the original Golden Bullets were one of the best mopeds Tomos ever made.

Yes and no - they are easy to work on for most things, but due to the placement of the carb, you have to dismount the transmission to get to it...tho most folks who own Tomos do believe it's worth the hassle.

Top speed stock, is about 32-36mph dependin on condition and tuning.

Yes, you can modify...be advise that the older Tomos mount A3 engines, not A5's (the 91 was an A3) and so cannot mount the 70cc kit.

Other upgrades are still viable, however...27-tooth sprocket, BiTurbo exhaust, 15MM Amal Carb...and if you wanna put the time and money into it - the original cylinder can be bored from 38mm to 38.5mm - for which an upgrade piston and rings kit is available.

Oh..yeah...Don't pay over $600 for it, unless you like gettin robbed...blue book on it's not that high.

-Ree

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account