Helmets

Rattlznake /

i was wondering if u guys wear helmets?

and if so what kind and what do they look like?

Re: Helmets

I have one, but I don't use it much. It's a standard "open face" model. I've never been stopped in Waco for not having one.

well Im in the UK so I have to wear a helmet...

Its just plain black.. Vemar.. full face with visor..

i don't wear one (not required in michigan).

Barbara Perkins /

Just bought a black metallic DOT "shortie" (1/2 helmet- don't like my ears covered.) Don't have to wear one in Missouri, however I don't want my head to end up looking like a smashed pumpkin if I wreck! I'm a Registered Nurse so I know all too well how that can be. Plus my husband & I have to set the example for our 3 children! : ) B

Rich King /

Likewise, I wear one too. I've seen too many accidents in states that do not have helmet laws for either motorcycles or Mopeds. Here in northern VA, we do not have the option like the rest of the state, local ordances require a helmet. I wear an open faced one. When it is chilly or rain is forcast I carry a clear snap-on faceshield.

Just a word to the wise, in the spring in my area a Dude (22 yrs old) stole a Moped and tried to escape the police in a "low speed chase", he was wearing a helmet (presumeable he stole along with the Moped) but he failed to buckle it. Anyway to make a long story short he wrecked while rounding a curve, the helmet fell off when he hit the ground and he was killed when he hit the opposite curb. I've been thru that curve, it is not difficult and appears survivable if you were to crash. So.. If you wear a helmet, 1, makes sure it fits correctly,; and 2, buckle it up. Ok no more soap boxing

Rich - still geezin along on his PED

Hi,Barbara! Can you put a face shield on that helmet?When I wrecked once I skinned up my face because of no faceshield.Also wear bluejeans and tough boots and leather gloves.I wear kneepads and elbow pads now under my full set of clothing.It really pays if you even have a low speed spill.Some people wear body armor,but I haven't gone that route yet.Be safe!

Barbara Perkins /

yes, actually I bought the helmet from cosmo, it has a face shield option as well. I only bought the visor. Thanks for the tips! So far I have only gotten up to 22 Mph as my Kinetic is not over 300 miles yet. Barbara P : )

Get the face shield Barb.Don't like to see men get scarred up,and a scar on a woman's face is much more serious than on a man's.Right?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account