Re: Thanks Ree, btw look at post need info

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

>>any ideas what i should look for tomorrow when i take the carb back out?<<

Yes, look for torn, missing, or misaligned gaskets...there's more gaskets in a DelLorto carb than you would ever expect, and perhaps one is torn.

Also, check for float and bowl assembly problems, it may be jamming due to bein slightly off-kilter on improper assembly - you know it's together right when you get just under 1/4" of free travel (it pivots up and down just short of that, or should)

If you have oil injection, you should check as well the bolt that connects to the heads intake (in between the head and the cylinder)...that bolt should have a paper washer on it to prevent leakage, and this might be missing...or the bolt (which is in fact hollow) might be clogged up inside.

>>if i get it running, no problems, how much should I expect trade in wise? ball park figure.<<

About jack....most dealers won't even give you near blue book value, even if it looks and runs perfect..in fact, trade-in value is so awful that it's usually wiser to just keep it and spend the extra bit.

Reason, you can ride the new bike in nice weather and suchlike, and when it gets ugly outside, or the new one breaks down, ride the old one.

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Ree, need clutch help on tomos pleaseTopic by: Arterious Arterious 09/23/01 06:23PM
  Re: Ree, need clutch help on tomos pleaseRe: Reeperette Reeperette 09/23/01 08:27PM
  Thanks Ree, btw look at post need infoRe: Arterious Arterious 09/23/01 09:15PM
  Re: Thanks Ree, btw look at post need infoRe: Reeperette Reeperette 09/24/01 01:19PM
  $300 for trade in on it, niftyRe: Arterious Arterious 09/25/01 11:32AM
  Re: Ree, need clutch help on tomos pleaseRe: ryan, moepd militia ryan, moepd militia 09/24/01 05:26AM
  REE you are needed again lol...Re: Ben Ben 09/24/01 08:54PM
  Re: REE you are needed again lol...Re: don-ohio don-ohio 09/25/01 09:05PM
  Re: REE you are needed again lol...Re: Arterious Arterious 09/25/01 09:49PM
  Re: REE you are needed again lol...Re: Reeperette Reeperette 09/25/01 10:40PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account