my motron wont spark!!! HELP

Jim /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,

I am really frustrated,,

I own a 79 motorn medalist,, with a milarelli 50 cc engine. It ran GREAT up to a few weeks ago, and now i'm really bumming!

I have only had it a month or so,, and decided to replace the horn (that never worked). Without realizing it,, i replaced it with a 12v horn, and after starting it with the new horn,, my ped ran for a few minutes,, then quit, and hasn't started since.

No spark at the plug !

I have done the following with no improvement:

replaced the condensor

cleaned and adjusted the points

visually checked all the wiring, no shorts noticed

had the external coil tested,, seems to be ok

i have noticed that while turning it over,, with the light switch on,, all the lights work,, EXCEPT THE BRAKE LIGHT,,but no spark at the plug.

I am no mechanic,, but there seems to be 2 internal coils,, is one for ingition,,,and one for lighting?

Any ideas?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  my motron wont spark!!! HELPTopic by: Jim Jim 09/21/01 07:28AM
  Re: my motron wont spark!!! HELPRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 09/21/01 08:59AM
  Re: my motron wont spark!!! HELPRe: Jim Jim 09/21/01 05:21PM
  Re: my motron wont spark!!! HELPRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 09/22/01 12:44AM
  Re: my motron wont spark!!! HELPRe: jim jim 09/22/01 05:37PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account