motomarina sebring is the best

i have an 87 motomarina sebring with a Sha 14/14 carb instead of 14/12 a custom header pipe and a biturbo muffler, new chain, all lights working, and a 60cc kit on order. Franco morini engine. this thing has a huge gas tank too about 3 gallons. right now it does about 40mph flat and has sport shocks and one replaced front fork tube, a new cylinder and rings, and i got a whole bunch of little parts as well. This is the best moped i have ever ridden it has a huge comfy seat and looks like a motorcycle. i spent $50 to get it from a friend and it sucked maxing out at 25 mph down hill. i spent about $1,200 for all the parts and labor on this thing over the summer. i work at a moped shop and i ride all the mopeds and scooters there are out there. If any of you have a sebring out there you should keep it and fix it

Re: motomarina sebring is the best

Awsome, post a picture of it?

dan

Ivan! I agree! They are well built with a super-comfortable seat.I own three of them.Two with Minarellis and one with Franco-Morini.The Minarelli is the best engine as far as single speed engines go.But I am looking at installing an MO2 (2-speed Franco-Morini)on one of them.Is yours a 2-speed or single speed.I like the toughness of these bikes.I just finished 2 trips 125 mi.each and yesterday I took a late afternoon trip of 100 mi..I also like the top-tank look,the simple Dellorto carbs,and the dependable lighting systems.I really like the nearly 3 gallons capacity too! ENJOY!

I have the one speed and i want a 2 speed do you know where the heck i can get one? i took a 50 mile trip last night and it was such a beuatyful night out and it was awsome. If you want to get some performence stuff for your mopeds there is this site www.polini.com that has all kinds of stuff. i am getting a 60cc kit for my sebring and a 65cc kit with reed valve on my 2 speed free spirit. I like the franco morini motor because it never dies always idles and runs great.

No,Ivan,I don't know where to get one and I'm looking for another one myself.I worked on mine today,and it shifts fine but I've still got to tune it up and put a good in-line filter on it.You can really tell the difference with the 2-speed on take-off and hill climbing.I sure wish Minarelli had made one.Minarelli is an even better engine I think.Keep in touch!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account