Re: old dudelooking

Vespalad /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello Dave. Its really hard to say what kind of ride you should get. I have a moped, and I love it to death (now that it runs). I also ride a '80 Honda Passport, which is a much more smooth, comfortable ride. The passport is 70 cc, and has 3 gears, blinkers, and room for 2 (dont get me wrong, you can ride 2 people on a moped, but it takes a LOOOONG time to pick up speed).

I am also restoring a 79 Vespa p200e. If is surprisingly easy to work on, and parts are easy to come by. (The older your scooter/moped is, the harder it will be to find parts). Since you are retired and mechanicly inclined, I would encourage you to get a Vespa or Lambretta and fix it up after you get a moped. Mopeds are a great first rung on the ladder, but they are just that - the bottom rung, and if you are like me, after awhile you are going to want more power and style.

But it is up to you! I guarantee that whatever you are looking for, there is a moped or scooter perfectly suited for your needs.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  old dudelooking for a moped or scooterTopic by: David Jones David Jones 09/20/01 04:32PM
  Re: old dudelooking for a moped or scooterRe: J. Sailor J. Sailor 09/20/01 07:21PM
  Re: old dudelooking (Photo)Re: David Jones David Jones 09/20/01 09:52PM
  Re: old dudelooking (Photo)Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 09/20/01 10:04PM
  Re: old dudelookingRe: Vespalad Vespalad 09/21/01 11:55PM
  Re: old dudelooking for a moped or scooterRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 09/20/01 07:33PM
  Re: old dudelooking (Photo)Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 09/20/01 07:37PM
  Re: old dudelooking for a moped or scooterRe: mike hartel mike hartel 09/21/01 12:15PM
  Re: old dudelookingRe: Dave Jones Dave Jones 09/23/01 08:24PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account