Up-jetting A35 Tomos Carb

Hi, I have a 1999 Tomos Targa LX and I have just added a bi-turbo muffler. I have read that you have to up-jet. I have the stock jet in it right now but i want to up-jet so i don't destroy the motor. what size jet do i have in my bike now and what should i up-jet to without having any problems like flooding or starting. So could someone tell me how you up-jet in a Tomos A35 carb. Pictutes would be nice ,but not nesasary. And where could i get a bigger jet?

Re: Up-jetting A35 Tomos Carb

Don Pflueger /

your stock jet is #53. you need to order a #54, #55, and #56 from ikes bikes, www.ikesbikes.com. they cost $3 each. you remove your carb, remove the black bowl on the bottom of the carb, replace the jet in the center of the carb body with one of the 3 you ordered, and then do plug chops to see where your at. #55 should be just about right for your bike.

are u positivea #55 jet will do the job for me without fouling plugs and acting differently?

Arthur Wells /

do jets have their size #'s on them?

How do you know what size you have if your moped is used?

Don Pflueger /

i have explained numerous times to you in the past what you need to do. plug chops! you need to figure out which jet will work correctly with your set up.

Don Pflueger /

there is a number stamped on their face. each brand uses a different number to determine their jets size.

Dell or to share 14/12 carb had it apart the jet has 54 stamped on it.

Overpriced Parts /

Cory Mohr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> are u positivea #55 jet will do the job for me

> without fouling plugs and acting differently?

No still too lean

More like 60-62 jet

You probably already blew up your bike 12 years ago though!

Shane Macpherson /

I have a 2000 targa lx what jet comes stock I change the air filter and put a bi turbo exhaust now I would like to change my Jetting. Also was wondering if a reed change would make a diffrent and best place to buy these online

you didn't mention your airbox your running on your a35? Or filter? If you got an a35 I would order Jets #58 through#62. With everything stock but pipe. Only way you would need higher than 62 if you was ordering a bigger piston and cylinder. This is an old Post from 04 someone reposted to be a wiseguy. (edited)

Either that or maybe they used the Search function 🤷🏼‍♂️

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account