Puch Piston Scratches

Here's a question for the experts...I removed my stock piston and cylinder from my moped. It has 750 miles on it and runs fine. I upgraded to 70cc...anyway...when I was looking at my old piston, I noticed these deep scratches on on side of the piston. The cylinder wall is fine and the piston rings don't have a mark on them. The engine ran just fine. Is this normal or was there a severe problem? The scratches look worse in the photo than they really are, but they are there. There are several "tiny" scratches towards the top (bottom of photo) and one really deep one by the pin.

DSCN0276.JPG

Re: Puch Piston Scratches

Seizures normally show up on the front and back (90 degrees from the wrist pin)

So that doesn't look like a seizure... more like a piece of dirt or something got in there for a minute.

Actually... from the pic it looks like one scratch one time... like somebody forced it in (or out) with something jammed between the piston and wall.

Seizures normally show up on the front and back (90 degrees from the wrist pin)

So that doesn't look like a seizure... more like a piece of dirt or something got in there for a minute.

Actually... from the pic it looks like one scratch one time... like somebody forced it in (or out) with something jammed between the piston and wall.

Reeperette /

Looks like a bit of crud or somesuch did that, agree with Fred on this one.

I wouldn't worry overmuch.

-R

OK...Thanks guys. I won't worry about it and slap it back together.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account