Re: Dr. Watson and James's 'fine kettle of fish'

James Corbally /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

It's OK Fred/Wayne, I'm not offended.

It may not be possible to build up an accurate picture of events, but I'm confident I'm near the mark, give or take small details. At the end of the day, I have to try. If we didn't, we'd have no Archaeology!

I wasn't expecting that I'd get a response back saying "you're exactly right!". I was more hoping that if I'd gotten some part completely off the wall, someone would point it out. Kind of a "plausibility check", if you will.

I think, as Wayne has said, only the cylinder can tell me now if it's seized in the past. It's air cooled, but the problem with removing it is that even with all the fairings off, the frame is still in the way. The workshop manual has it removed from the bike altogether, the whole thing supported by the centre stand which is mounted to it. I can't see any easy way to get at it or examine it without this step.

Haven't noticed any change in performance, but it is getting colder here so I'll keep a watch out for that.

Thanks again to both of you.

Regards,

James...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account