Dr. Watson and James's 'fine kettle of fish'

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hmmm... the fact that the dealer has installed a 'carb heater' makes the guessing more difficult..

And there is no point now in a lot of guessing about all the ups and downs in the machines recent history.

I think you are over-thinking this by guessing at a 'soft-seize'.

(I doubt it had a seizure)

If I beleived it might have had a seizure of any sort I would simply pop off the head (not the cylinder) and push the piston to the bottom and take a good look at the cylinder walls with a good light.

On an air cooled 2 stroke that is soooo easy that you should just do it.

As long as the cylinder is smooth and unscratched/scuffed... then it didn't seize.

If you see scuffs, then take the cylinder off and you can get a better look.

And Yes... I am sure you are making a Royal pain in the ass of yourself to the dealer

: )

... and your amateur questions are surely annoying them.

Consider that it is not the responsibility to teach you "engines 101".

Fixing machines and pleasing a customer is not an easy task.

If the airfilter/airbox/carb heater is the way you are going to leave it, and you are unsatisfied with the performance, and the spark plug is dark brown/black... Then you can go ahead and try one step smaller main jet at a time to see if it runs better... but examine the spark plug color each time.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account